Hiking Saturday- Anyone Wanna Join?

Darlene X
on 9/18/06 1:28 am - Maricopa, AZ
So we are going to hike again this Saturday morning (Sept 23rd) at South Mountain, if anyone wants to join us your more than welcome!!! EJ and I are not very fit, so were kind of slow, so if you don't mind that then come on and move to lose with us!!! Were planning on 6.30am @ the 46th St parking lot (Take 46th St South from Baseline)... you can't miss it. I think we are going to take the Javelina Trail again, then come back down the right way this time, via the Beverly Canyon Trail. Should be about 3 miles, and 1 & 1/2-2 hours??? The Javelina trail is listed easy to moderate... the last mile is a steady incline up... but Im super unfit, and I did it! If you want to come bring lots of water, and a hat was good -- especially if we get lost again! LOL My cell is 480-275-1611. No stalkers please Darlene 338/216/170
mgamine
on 9/18/06 6:52 am - Mesa, AZ
Hi I just might. Love hiking. Is there a web-site where I can get the trail maps, information, etc.? Is it permissable to bring dogs? I just got a new puppy and he'd love a walk like that! Thanks chelle
Darlene X
on 9/18/06 6:58 am - Maricopa, AZ
Chelle, There is information here: http://phoenix.gov/PARKS/hiksogud.html There were ton's of people walking their dogs, they are welcome as long as they are leashed. We are thinking of taking our little boy Goliath with us this time. Let me know if your up for a hike! Darlene
mgamine
on 9/18/06 7:02 am - Mesa, AZ
Hi Darlene Thanks! My guy is about 7-8 weeks old. Wondering if that long of a hike is too much for him?? As of this moment I should be. We'll see.....I think I'm working on another stricture and you know how that effects the energy, etc. However, I'd love to get my hiking legs back....haven't hiked since before surgery. Thanks chelle
Darlene X
on 9/18/06 7:05 am - Maricopa, AZ
If he's that young you probably won't want to bring him. He shouldnt be out in public places with lots of dogs until he has had all his vaccinations done... round 3-4 months old. You wouldnt want him contracting parvo or anything.
mgamine
on 9/18/06 7:37 am - Mesa, AZ
I didn't think about that....he's had the 1st series of shots and is due for the next round in a few weeks. I just got him Saturday...I'm trying to get him to my vet tomorrow so he can be checked out. I'll be sure to ask about a timeframe for other puppy exposure!
(deactivated member)
on 9/18/06 7:46 am - AZ
Hi Darlene! I'd love to come along but I'm out of town this coming weekend. Will you post again if you'll be hiking on the 30th? Thanks, Elizabeth
Darlene X
on 9/18/06 8:00 am - Maricopa, AZ
Elizabeth!!! Hey girl, long time no see!!! I will deffinately post if we are going on the 30th! Darlene
mgamine
on 9/22/06 12:06 am - Mesa, AZ
Hi Gonna have to bail for hiking tomorrow. Had to buy a new fridge this week & it doesn't fit so I have to alter my counter to fit it in....friends are coming over bright & early to help. Let me know for the next time. Thanks Chelle
Most Active