Lost in Sedona

kmastin
on 9/17/06 1:07 pm - Phoenix, AZ
I went to Sedona with friends this weekend and stayed along oak creek. There is a trail up the mountain that my friends told me was pretty steep, but some had hiked it a few years back. No one wanted to go with me, so I went alone. Started out at 8am this morning, and reached the top around 10. Meet up with some hikers that told me I had hiked about 1/2 mile past the summit,and was headed toward a look-out tower. Asked me to join them, but I declined and started back. Boy,was I making a wrong decision there! I lost the trail, and hiked for about 1/2 hour looking for it. Decided I needed to stay in one place to wait for help, and yelled for help every 5 minutes. No one was around. I decided to get back up to the ridge, and climbed a large boulder to see down to highway 89A. Stayed there about 15 minutes, when the 3 guys came back from the look-out tower! Boy, was I glad to see them! They made my day! We came down the mountain, and my friends had said they were beginning to worry about me. Never again will I hike a new trail by myself. I will also always bring my cell phone! Now, the good news is that I would have never of made the hike at all 11 months ago! I am within 10 lbs of goal, but seem to be stuck there. I am wearing a size 8 pants, so I am very happy about that. Do some people never reach the goal they set even when they follow the plan? Could it be that I should weigh 145 and not 135?
(deactivated member)
on 9/17/06 3:21 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Oh my goodness I am so glad you are ok. Take care Kim
JRinAZ
on 9/18/06 1:17 am - Layton, UT
Karen, Congrats on the hiking and on the weight loss AND on the itty bitty size 8!!!! You totally rock! There are many folks who don't reach that final "goal weight". I was one of them BUT.....you have to realize that the docs come up with goals that helps with insurance approval. They often shoot out some lame number that is at the bottom of the weight scale so it gives you more persuasion in the insurance application process. And....some of us come up with some number that is what we weighed when we were 12 years old or something! How about getting your other numbers checked like your BMI? Are you within a healthy weight? What is your body fat percentage? How do YOU feel? It's so difficult to balance the desire to be a certain number. One could be "giving up" by saying "this is just fine" or they could be right on the nose and giving their body permission to hold onto a great weight for them! Also, is that last 10 pounds perhaps loose skin? I am 5'4" and got down to 132 pounds. It wasn't even close to the 118 that my doc had given me so I was never satisfied. My personal trainer thought I was in a perfect zone for me and my pcp thought I was perfect but my head couldn't accept 132 so I sabotagged myself! Now I'd LOVE to be back at 132!!!! Size 8 tells you many things! You are quite possibly perfect already!!!! Big Huggggz to you as you figure out the age old problem that many of us are still working on! Joyce
Most Active