When do I hear from Colleen @ Juarez/Fang's?

horizontallychallenged
on 9/17/06 10:28 am
I'm still pre-op ... I am see Juarez, talked to Colleen August 18th and haven't heard from anyone since than. I had two things to get into her, I did that. Do I call her now or still wait to hear from someone? I'm starting to get really depressed about this whole thing, I feel like I fell through the crack or something! I'm walking around in the dark here! I read about people having their second surgery, I can't even get my FIRST ONE. I'm really having a hard time with this. It's frustrating to not know what I'm suppose to do next.
Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 9/18/06 2:32 am - Tucson, AZ
I would call Colene and ask for status. She should have called you by now. Follow up and make sure she got the paperwork you sent to her. I bugged them until I was approved and then I bugged them again for my surgery date. They were very understanding.
debrahn
on 9/18/06 3:34 am - Goodyear, AZ
You have to be your own advocate - nice way of saying to make a pest of yourself. Colene is pretty good - very understanding - and will not be upset if you're a pest. You're not very clear on where you're at - have you had your pre-op consult with Dr. Juarez? It takes 3 - 4 weeks after this consult for his notes to come back from transcription. Your packet cannot be sent to insurance without this transcription - I'm guessing that could be the hold-up. Any time you send anything to them - ALWAYS follow-up with confirmation that it was received and in your file. It's not unusual to have to send things multiple times before being received. Call the main phone line and ask to speak to Colene - do NOT call her ext. and a leave message. Hang in there - it will happen. But you must stay on top of it or you'll continually go to the botton of stack.
Linda S.
on 9/18/06 6:05 pm - PHOENIX, AZ
Colene always returns phone calls within 24 hours, that has been my experience anyways. Her extension is 101. It is a good idea to check when you fax anything in. I call her every week for an update, she will be very glad to be rid of me I am sure. If you had tests and have done your part, ask her, whats next. She is very nice. maybe I will meet you in the hospital, I am playing the waiting game too...and I will be calling her tomorrow. Do you have insurance approval? i understand that is the most sluggish part.
horizontallychallenged
on 9/19/06 1:35 pm
I called Colleen, she answered right away and she is very soft spoken and sweet. I think they have everything, she's checking. Do they submit to insurance now? How long is this process usually? If I'm denied because something isn't quite adequate, do I get a second chance to change it? Usually, how long after approval do we get to actually have surgery? QUESTIONS, QUESTIONS, QUESTIONS, sorry
Linda S.
on 9/19/06 2:37 pm - PHOENIX, AZ
On the paperwork I received, it states that it can take up to 6 weeks for approval and processing. That is not to say that yours will. I do not know your insurance, I do know that in cases I have known, there is a appeals process if you are denied. When you went to see the surgeon, did they give you any paperwork? Both my daughter and myself received paperwork specific to what our insurance required, and a timeframe. If you were not given this, I would ask Colene, thats going to the horses mouth so to speak. Good luck and keep me posted.
horizontallychallenged
on 9/20/06 5:03 pm
Yes, I got the insurance requirements and I got everything turned in so now it's the waiting period I suppose. I've been heavy for 20 years, what's the rush!?!? Just kidding, it's the anticipation that I really can't stand.
Linda S.
on 9/20/06 5:57 pm - PHOENIX, AZ
You are too funny! Are you waiting for insurance approval? Sounds like you are just as impatient as yours truly. I don't know if there is way to hurry the insurance people. .....singing...our day will come...
Most Active