Powdered fruits & vegetables to mix with protein for daily req.

horizontallychallenged
on 9/17/06 10:14 am
I haven't had my surgery yet, still trying to qualify but I'm "practicing" my diet. This may be old news, it was a new thing to me. I was really excited to find it. I found powdered fruit and vegetables that you mix in water one time a day! This gives you (I can't back this up) 6 veges and 7 fruits per day!! WOW, I need that! I mix it with my protein drink in water. I can't consume ANY type of artificial sugar, not even sucralose. The protein powders that have flavors have sucralose or acesulfame potassium in them, both are artificial sweeteners. I have found a pure soy protein powder that contains nothing but 25gm soy protein, no sweeteners ~ I thought maybe someone might be interested in this finding.
JRinAZ
on 9/17/06 10:54 am - Layton, UT
I know for "me" and quite possibly most folks post-op; we are trying to limit our carb intake. Though veggies and fruits are considered healthy carbs, many are high glycemic and can mess with our ketosis losing streak as well as instigate cravings. Fruits are actually received by our bodies as "sugar" and react the same way (high and low insolin dives and peeks)as they would if we ate a Snickers candy bar. Also, though soy protein is a healthy food; it is not a "complete protein" and so if your body can handle the whey protein then that is the recommended way to go. I commend you for your nutrition studies and for learning to be compliant prior to getting your surgery! I'll bet you have a terrific weight loss journey because of it! Huggggz, Joyce
horizontallychallenged
on 9/17/06 11:14 am
That is a good note about the carbs and sugars! Thank you for the infor about protein. I can't find any whey protein without artificial sweeteners in it. The only thing I could find is the soy. I'll keep looking now that you told me that. The FRUIT one has 6g carbs, 2g sugar and 25 calories per daily scoop/dose. It's called maximum fruits complete from GNC if you're interested in the ingredients. The VEGETABLE one has 6g carbs, 2g sugar and 30 calories per daily scoop/dose. It's called maximum greens complete from GNC.
Most Active