My medical drama

Ginger
on 9/13/06 1:02 pm - Chandler, AZ
Hi all, I haven't posted in like forever. Have any of you guys been told you are very anemic?? I am almost 10 months post-op. My pcp called me in to talk about my labs cause it came back extremely anemic. I need to have a EDG and a colonscopy to find out where the "leak" is. If the heavy-duty iron pills (325 mg) don't work..I might have to have a blood transfusion experience. I'm alittle freaked out right now. Has anything like this happened to any of you guys? Thanks in advance, hugs Ginger
dmcueto
on 9/13/06 1:39 pm - Downers Grove, IL
Hi Ginger, It is Dawn, we have met at the Chandler meetings. I am now in Il, but post this to the chandler support site as I know that there are a few that have mentioned this on the chandler board as well. Hope you get some answers soon. Here is the website for that group in case you do not have it. [email protected] Take care Hugs, Dawn Cueto rny 8/24/05 290/203/175 -87 -125+ inches Dr. Juarez
Ginger
on 9/13/06 2:30 pm - Chandler, AZ
Hi Dawn, Yes, I remember meeting you cutie!! Are you getting settled alright??? You have made quite a move! Thanks for the free advise. I will go check out the chandler support website...I need all the help I can get..it helps to talk to somebody who went through the same thing ya know...Thanks again and take care, Ginger
Darlene X
on 9/14/06 2:33 am - Maricopa, AZ
DAWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In memory of you, I wore a pair of your pants to support group Tuesday! LOL How is IL treating you??? All settled in??? Darlene
Sandy in Tucson
on 9/14/06 12:35 pm - Tucson, AZ
My iron was down....I take ferrous gluconate 1x daily. I was never told I had to have EDG or colonscopy. It was 24 now like 50......I doubt if you have a leak at 10 months out. Sandy
Ginger
on 9/14/06 11:17 pm - Chandler, AZ
Hi Sandy, I'm taking the ferrous gluconate daily 325mg. I'm with you, I don't think that I would have a leak at this far out either. My iron level was at 24 also. How long did it take you to bring it up to par??? I think the fact that I was on blood thinners for 6 months (blood clot in the lung) that it sould be a factor..but the Doc says it shouldn't. maybe I need a 2nd oppinion. Thanks! Ginger
Most Active