healthy pizza???????

sgirl
on 9/13/06 10:30 am - tucson, AZ
I am 3 months post op and for some reason, I am craving a slice of pizza. Is there such thing as a healthier version to a good tasting pizza? Thanks all. 214/165/114
JRinAZ
on 9/13/06 11:40 am - Layton, UT
Sally, You can be creative with low carb pizza sauce and all the healthy toppings on just about everything from scrambled eggs to low carb tortillas. My favorite is to nuke a puddle of fresh parmesan cheese til it's a round crispy thing and then I dip it in some hot pizza sauce. It's a great protein treat! Let us know what you come up with, K? Huggggz, Joyce
K B (Tucson)
on 9/13/06 1:08 pm - Tucson, AZ
I have the lap band and bread items do not go well with the band. I love pizza and if I have to have a fix, I go to Sauce or La Ferlitas and have a slice of any of their flavor pizza. The crust is very thin and crisp and the toppings are not greasy. They also have good salads. I like Sauce better than La Ferlita as the latter is right next to the U of A campus. There are 3 Sauce restaurants in Tucson.
Darlene X
on 9/14/06 2:31 am - Maricopa, AZ
Go for a thin crust, like at Oregano's... top with veggies and chicken--skip the fatty sausage, pepperoni etc I craved pizza too, so for our anniversary we got a thin crust pizza from Oreganos... I didnt even eat a whole small slice... and afterwards I realized it just didnt taste that good anymore.... since then I havent wanted pizza again.... Its just not the same, it doesnt taste good anymore for me.
Texas Girl
on 9/14/06 5:19 am
Hi Sally, I love Pizza but pizza(bread ) doesn't agree with my new system... so to have my pizza without the bread I cook frozen vegs. Mediterranian is my favorite then I drain off all water then I put my favorite spaghettti sauce and mozz cheese and put back in Microwave and heat, and then sprinkle parmessian cheese, I have even added mushrooms and other topping to this and it makes my pizza craving go away... and I am not having bread... hope this helps! Connie
lemarie22
on 9/16/06 3:22 pm - Glendale, AZ
Sally, I eat pizza. I just don't eat the crust, thin or otherwise. I pick off everything on top and leave behind a naked triangle. I try to get Canadian bacon or chicken instead of sausage or pepperoni so I can delude myself into thinking I'm eating something healthier. Connie
Most Active