Last Meal Syndrome! :-(

Ayaunna
on 9/14/06 11:10 am - Phoenix, AZ
Thank you Kathy, that was really helpful!! I have started working on the 30-20-30, its a lot more diffcult than it sounds but I figure starting on it now will make it easier. Thanks a lot for the response!
purpleyef
on 9/13/06 3:14 am - Gilbert, AZ
I don't know if you are drinking any protein shakes yet but if you aren't I would definately recommend it. Right after surgery you will only be able to take in liquids and protein shakes are the one of the only ways you will be able to get protein in your body. Even after you are able to eat solid foods you can only eat very small amonts so protein shakes are a great way to get all the protein you need to avoid nutrition complications. www.bariatriceating.com has a huge selection of tasty and affordable protein shakes, as well as tons of other stuff that is for WLS patients. My surgeon and dietician pushed me to find a protein shake I liked before surgery so that I wouldn't be stuck after surgery trying to find one. I started eating six meals a day before surgery, three of which were protein shakes. It not only helped me get used to the shakes but once I drank one I was full. So if I was craving something that I shouldn't eat I would make a deal with myself that I could have it after I drank a shake and then I would be too full to eat it. I still do that. I will be one year post-op on 11/21 and occasionally I want something sweet and I will make myself eat my regular meal or protein shake first and then I'm full and won't eat it. I guess it is kind of a mind game with myself but it worked most of the time. It also helped me to loose weight having the six meals because your blood sugar is more stable. Good luck!!
Nicole W.
on 9/13/06 3:04 pm - Cave Creek, AZ
Ayaunna, Have you gone to your pre-op class yet?
Ayaunna
on 9/14/06 11:15 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hi Nicole, Thank you for response earlier! Yes, I actually went to my pre-op class yesterday it was sooo informative and very, very helpful. I feel so much more prepared for the surgery now and I'm not having a hard time with the last meal syndrome anymore either. I'm going to SD this weekend so I was a little worried about sticking with my meal plan but since I went to the class I feel like I can. Did you go to your class yet?
Nicole W.
on 9/14/06 11:35 am - Cave Creek, AZ
Hi! I am going to mine on October 4th. So I was wondering if we would be in the same one... but figured they would give you more than a week! hehe I am so glad to hear its informative... I am getting more and more excited!!! When I get home from work... I'm going to reply to your email. ~Nicole
Most Active