105lbs. GONE FOREVER IN ONLY 6 MONTHS!!!!

Sondra J. S.
on 9/7/06 1:07 pm - Show Low, AZ
FINALLY!!!! 105lbs. are gone forever. I got on the scale this morning and called the scale a liar, and then I started like a baby....It read 210, omg I haven't been this weight since before I was married at 20 in 1995. WW!!!! Oh yeah, this surgery DOES work. I've been a good little girl, I do, however, need to get some more protien worked into my diet, that I need to work on!! To bad lettuce and salads with lettuce in them aren't considered protien, lol..... Well, I just had to brag, I'm gonna send in for my century card probably tomorrow!! YIPPIEEEEE!!!! Sondra Jean, 315/210/150 105lbs. gone forever!!!!
vquigley
on 9/7/06 3:26 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Hi, Sondra, CONGRATULATIONS! That is a great accomplishment. Keep up the good work. I too have problems getting enough protein in and it is one of the things I am working on. Virginia
Judy F.
on 9/7/06 3:42 pm - Sierra Vista, AZ
Congratulations! I had one of those kind of days today as well. I was able to buy a size 20 pair of pants that had a non-elastic waist. I am dying to be able to dig into a salad. I haven't been cleared for that yet. Hopefully at my 4 month follow-up. I'm 3 months out tomorrow.
Sandy in Tucson
on 9/7/06 10:18 pm - Tucson, AZ
yes, the surgery works.......and you do most of the work with the surgery. I lost 100 lbs in 6 months, too.....then I got 150 lbs off in 12 months..the last 47 lbs has taken 10 months....slow...slow...slow. But, if you follow the rules you can get to goal. I eat no rice-potatoes..bread--pasta....ever.....and that helps with the weight loss. I also do cardio exercise 3 times a week...sometimes more. Excerise is a key to getting all the weight off, too. Sandy
Melissa P
on 9/8/06 12:59 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hi Sondra, You are doing awesome! I have trouble with the protein also. I also agree about the salad. Salad seems to feel much better in my pouch then chicken or beef. I still drink a protein drink and only get in about 50 grams of protein a day. Melissa
mmswarowski
on 9/8/06 10:32 am - Tucson, AZ
Sondra, Congrats on your great success! I have to say at 2.5 weeks out all I really want is a big giant salad....guess that has to wait huh? Anyway I am glad to hear that I am not the only one with protien "issues", I try God knows, but never seem to make it. I do one protien shake a day (any more grosses me out.....TOO SWEET) and somedays are better than others. Again congrats, keep up the good work and know that I am rooting for you! Maryellen
Sondra J. S.
on 9/8/06 4:05 pm - Show Low, AZ
HI Thanks everyone, oh yes, the dreaded protien!!!! I don't like the shakes, but am going to start more diligently on them. I have a strawberry banana one that I think I'll start on it really does taste pretty good, I might try and put some ice in it and make it a smoothie, lol.....Chicken is a bad thing for me Miss pouch doesn't like it and tries to make it come back up. I have always liked baked chicken, but Miss pouch apparently doesn't, lol....I'm not a seafood lover, so fish is out, so, I'm left to rely on protien shakes....Lol....It'll work out someway or another....lol. Thanks again everyone.... Sondra, 315/210/150 105lbs. gone forever!!!!
CKoehlerGMa
on 9/9/06 2:04 am
Hi everyone...CONGRATS on the weight coming off!! Thats fantastic. I am only 6 weeks out and having some of the same issues also. As far as protein goes I have to recommend the Profect. It has assorted flavors that are way better then any other form of protein I have tried. The vials are 2.9 ounces so even if you are not crazy about it there isnt as much to down. It is the first protein I have found that works for me. Plus it is 25 grams which is a bit more then the other forms I tried. Good Luck...You are doing great. You inspired me to keep at it. Claudette
Most Active