Sick Sick Sick ..ughhh.(somewhat TMI)

victorious711
on 9/7/06 5:06 am - flagstaff, AZ
OK I am 1 month post op. I was doing fine with eating until about two weeks ago. I had moved on to 'soft moist foods' and life was good, then on Friday night (the 25th) I had another MS nightmare that put me back into Barrows (St Joes) for another 5 days worth of tests and treatments. For two whole days I had no food at all (because of the myriad MRIs they had to run) and I was kept on IV fluids so at least I was getting my fluids. But ever since then I cant seem to keep hardly ANYthing down at all. The mere SMELL of food makes me want to hork. I ate, or at least ATTEMPTED to eat, 4 times yesterday I managed to keep two of them down. The last one was just a teensy bit of turkey and a small slice of avacado. It lasted maybe 5 minutes. I get these massive waves of nausea and ...sorry to be so frank, but the hershey squirts are constant (even though theres nothing really there to come out). Has anyone else experienced this? Even water starts to make me queasy after a time. As weird as it is, the one thing that I have been able to manage to eat is the Pasta Fagiole Soup from Olive Garden. I know the pasta is bad but the meat and beans are good, so I pick through it as much as possible. I go to my doc for my '1 month check up tomorrow' and as best as I can guess I have lost about 30 - 35 lbs (different scales vary). Any advice from the experts? I know I am dehyrdrated (I am trying my best to get the water in) and know I am not getting in enough food - but seriously I would love to be able to eat and keep something down. Is this normal? Any advice? *tired of puking* *tired of the squirts*
lemarie22
on 9/7/06 7:22 am - Glendale, AZ
If the Pasta Fagiole Soup is working keep at it. When I was a couple of months out, I had some kind of bug and couldn't eat for a couple of days. When I tried to eat later, I found that my pouch was tiny again and I puked what I ate. When I saw the nurse at Scottsdale Bariatric, he told me that when you hurl, it can cause your pouch to swell and prevent you from keeping food down. He suggested that I go to liquids for a day or two until it passed and that seemed to do the trick, but I found that I was back to eating very tiny amounts of food because of pouch size. Hopefully, your doctor will have an answer for you. Connie
Sondra J. S.
on 9/7/06 12:50 pm - Show Low, AZ
Victoria, I'm so sorry that your so sick, I wish there was something I could do to make you all better, I was wondering where you were. Hopefully Dr. Berger can find out what's wrong with you and you can start eating again.... I'll be in Flagstaff again on the 19th, my appointment is at 2pm I think, I'd like to come up on Sat, but not sure if I can or not, I've been sick with the flu myself, I hope you feel better my angelette!!!! Sondra, 315/210/150 105lbs. gone forever!!!!
victorious711
on 9/8/06 7:46 am - flagstaff, AZ
well...*sigh* saw dr berger today. He says I may just have a touch of the stomach flu that seems to be going around, but just to be sure I am to *gulp* bring in a sample *gag* to have it tested for something more serious. *horks* *sings ala Willie Nelson* Poooooo is always on my miiiiiinnd poo is allllways on my miiiiiiiiind [/willie nelson song] *sigh* also I am to go back to the all liquid diet for 3 days, then back to pureed for 3 days, stage 3 for 3 days and then on to stage 4 (which is where i am supposed to be now) 32 lbs gone though since the surgery, and if I add that to the 30 I lost before thats 62
Most Active