Help! if I cut my hair will it grow??

Texas Girl
on 9/6/06 6:25 am
HI Arizona, I miss my hair.. I am almost one year post-op and my hair is still thinning... I have long stringy hair one length... what is your experience with this.. I think? I get adequate protien?? Help Me... thanks Connie JOnes
Sheryl Tilley
on 9/6/06 4:55 pm - Prescott, AZ
Hi Connie! Here's a few suggestions: Carrot juice, Nioxin shampoo (get in Wal-Mart beauty salons), be sure you are taking your vitamins and getting in enough protein. Hair is dead unused protein -- so eat up! Sheryl
BOBINA
on 9/7/06 12:26 am - mesa, AZ
Hi Connie Go and grab some Biotin pills at Walmart , Should help ! Also B vitamins for the stress .
purpleyef
on 9/7/06 3:05 am - Gilbert, AZ
Hi Connie, When my hair started falling out my dietician recommended flax seed. You can get it in the whole seed for or ground. I drink two protein shakes a day and I add ground flax seed in my shakes. It is pretty much tasteless and a great way to get fiber as well. Good luck.
Brandy H
on 9/7/06 8:25 am - Glendale, AZ
hi connie, if you cut your hair...it doesn't grow. and it doesn't grow faster. what it DOES DO when you cut it is: it takes the tattered unhealthy ends off. if the ends are unhealthy and fraying then the hair can start breaking. think of it like a rope, once a rope starts to unravel you can only cut it to save the rope. and then it will eventually get longer because it's not breaking because you cut the unraveling part off. also, if your hair is unhealthy or stringy at the bottom it usually doesn't look thick. if you cut it more blunt at the bottom it will appear thicker and healthier. if your hair is all one length and you are losing it....the longer the hair is it can appear thinner. if you were to cut it and maybe add some layers you can give it the appearance of being fuller and thicker. hope this helps. and yes, biotin (orally), nioxin (topically), flax seed (orally) and keeping your protein up will all help. but really your body just has to run it's course and you will eventually start seeing baby hairs. i have 3 inch baby hairs all in my temples and throughout my hair....seems to be where i lost the most when i lost my hair. layers really help blend them in with the rest. i just added layers to my long hair about a month ago....much better! brandy
FakeBake
on 9/10/06 12:58 pm - AZ
Hi Connie...I don't have any words of wisdom! because my hair just keeps falling out, the hair that has grown back was falling out as well. But I'm not eating enough protein, I do take my vitamins, and take biotin and zinc together.. Its just all frustrating as heck! I used to have such thick hair, and now.. well I have lost about 75% of my hair! it looks horrible. I do need to get it cut, the ends are very dry. Hope everything else is going good for you, Take care. Tara
Most Active