2 3/4 month post op question

sgirl
on 9/2/06 1:01 pm - tucson, AZ
My surgery was on June 16, 2006, and thus far I have lost 42 lbs. I have noticed that there is a major stand still in my weight loss the last 2 two weeks. I am 6 days shy of being 3 months post op. Is this common at this point, or am I stuck at this weight for a long time? Thanks, Sally
Sheryl Tilley
on 9/2/06 2:03 pm - Prescott, AZ
Hi! you are on a plateau -- this happens when your body is adjusting to the loss. It will happen from time to time. Just keep walking, drinking water and consuming protein and it will drop. hugs Sheryl 320/193/160 Oct. 28th, 2005
sgirl
on 9/2/06 2:07 pm - tucson, AZ
Sheryl, Thanks, I have been doing all those things, I guess patience will be my leader now. I always appreciate your comments. Congrats on all your success. Sally 214/172/114
sallyann
on 9/2/06 11:26 pm - page, AZ
Hi Sally. I just went through the same thing. My stall lasted 4 weeks but the inches came off and for the first time people were able to notice my weight loss. I am 3 months post op on 9.9.06. I know how frustrating it is. I thought I was at the end of my weight loss journey and all kinds of things ran through my head. My best advice, stay away from the scale and journal your calories and water etc and make sure you are getting your 800-1000 calories or as recommended by your dietician or Dr. Good luck..We will be successful at this! Sally
Judy F.
on 9/4/06 4:58 pm - Sierra Vista, AZ
Hi Sally. I will be 3 months out on 9-8 and I experienced the same thing a few weeks ago. I was stuck for about 3 weeks. I know it's hard not to worry (I did, even though I knew better), but it's a normal thing. Your body is catching up and I bet you will see inches coming off while the pounds aren't. The scale WILL start to move again. I think it can vary from person to person as to how long a stall will last, but it won't last forever. Congratulations on 42 lbs..that's wonderful.
Most Active