Sandy in Tuscon...question :)

angelkissed :o)
on 9/1/06 11:46 pm - Seneca, SC
Sandy, I read in one of your posts on the main board that you make your own protein bars. How do you make them?� Is it different than the protein ball recipe that floats around OH? I'd love to know! BTW, your new pic looks fabulous!! Congrats on such wonderful success!! ~Elizabeth
Sandy in Tucson
on 9/2/06 12:52 am - Tucson, AZ
Not much diff. I use Unjury protein powder...unflav. or vanilla. I do combo of grains like barley oats...rolled oats...scottish oats...quinoa.....any grain I see at Wild Oats (health food grocery store in Tucson) that I think will do well in the protein bars. The orginal reciepe i see is for long cooking oats only...I use as many different grains as I can locate---so the bars are chewy. I use the sugar free honey--Target or Walmart grocery stores. I add seeds, too like sunflower and pepitas. I add raisins or cranberries. In other words i take the basic reciepe and make it even better. If it gets to thick...I add water...not much. I just make a big bowl of it....then divide it off into qt zip lock bags and take what i want when i am ready to eat. Got tired of making all thems balls. I got lazy. Sometimes I use natural peanut butter...but usually i get Skippy when it is a dollar a jar...i buy 20 jars when it is on sale.......Yes, i am cheap!!! Sandy
angelkissed :o)
on 9/2/06 12:57 am - Seneca, SC
Wow, $1 a jar?? I need to find a sale like that! lol Your protein bars sound great! I actually hadn't thought of making them myself...I think that is such a great idea. Thanks for replying and ideas on ingredients! I appreciate it! ~Elizabeth
Sheryl Tilley
on 9/2/06 2:20 pm - Prescott, AZ
I'd like to make this recipe too! Can you post the recipe (amounts)? Thanks! Sheryl
Most Active