Home from complication surgery!!

Janette
on 8/31/06 12:49 pm - Peoria, AZ
I got home last Fri. noc. Had surgery on Mon. Boy what a trip. Prior I had told of all the pain, nausea etc I was having. I had a scope by a GI Dr. who id'd 2 holes in my pouch as normal. Re: took copies of numerous tests to orginal bypass surgeon who coped me and id's as ulceradted fistula. He did open surgery on me and said I was a MESS. There was tissue, inflamed, necrotic etc grown into my pouch, intestines, old stomach and space inbetween, He had to remove more intestine, the orginal pouch, clean all the growth from between the 2 stomachs and remove part of old stomach and rebuild everything inc. giving me a new and hopefully improved new pouch. I am now a July 04 baby and I guess kinda of an Aug. 06 baby. He put in a g-tube into my stomach for tube formula feedings as I can barely take anything in the pouch and am very malnourished, Not that the above was not bad enough the pain continued to get worse and Dr had me go to ER and CT scan showed fluid buildup and large hematoma(blood clot). Than...I have been running as high as 103 temp but i must say today is the best day I have had to date. Just thought I would give all an update of my last couple months roller coaster ride. Janette RNY 7-13-04 and 8-21-06 363 /122 and barely holding - 241lbs
vquigley
on 8/31/06 4:24 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Hi Janette, I'm glad you're home from the hospital and hopefully you're on the way up and feeling better. I asked at support group on Saturday if anyone had heard from you. Take care of yourself and I hope things go well from here on. Virginia
(deactivated member)
on 8/31/06 5:00 pm - Phoenix, AZ
OMG I hope you get to feeling better very soon. You are in my thoughts.
JULESAZ
on 9/2/06 10:14 am - CHANDLER, AZ
Glad to hear are home and hope that you continue on the road to recovery~
Most Active