ARGH!

Tiffany McGee
on 8/30/06 11:48 am - Glendale, AZ
Hi everyone! I am now 4 1/2 weeks out. I've lost (depending on the time of day) 27.8 lbs to date and have gained 3 lbs. I don't know what I"m doing that is so wrong. I'm intaking my protein like a good girl. I'm getting about 500 to 600 calories a day. I'm eating 3 small "meals" a day w/ 2 small snacks (1/2 a High Protein Slim Fast bar ea). But I still gained... I'm actually completely freaked that I gained more than anything. I"m walking everyday. I do admit that I should walk more. And I've totally cut out the SF Fudgesicles. I know I should be happy about the loss, but how did I gain. I've had some serious head hunger, but haven't succombed to the temptation. But I do keep SF Popsicles around. And I have about 3 to 4 of those a day. I know I should be more patient and just give myself time, but could I already be on a plateau? O.k. I"m totally sorry for being such a whiner. I'm seriously a little freaked about the gain, and my beloved DH is trying REAL hard to be supportive. Thanks for listening! *HUGS* Tiff
azbigmamma
on 8/30/06 1:17 pm - mesa, AZ
RNY on 07/26/06 with
Hi Tiff, I had the RNY just 2 days before you. I am in the same situation as you. But I measured my self and have lost inches. I know it is so frusterating. I have actualy ordered some work out tapes. I have had no problem with the surgery ( as of today ). I do not even feel like I have had it. The only diff is I cannot eat and drink together and I just cant grap for things. I do not dump and everything I have tried to eat does not bother me. Not that I am out eating everything in sight. I went from over 5000 calories a day to maybe 3 or 4 hundred at the most now. Most of the time I do not feel like eating. I do not drink protein drinks they make me feel aweful and I was putting weight on by drinking them. But my whole point to this is you are not the only one going through this and I believe if we stick with it our bodies have no choice to surrender and LET GO OF OUR FAT...LOL Good luck to you and I know we will suceed. O and I love sf fudgesicles, I have 1 or 2 a day. I also use fitday.com to keep track its free and easy. Good luck to you and take care. We can do it. Hugs. Tanya
Darlene X
on 8/31/06 1:10 am - Maricopa, AZ
Completely normal, and YES your actually due for a stall... most first stalls happen between 3-5 weeks post-op. You did NOT gain weight, your body is just fluctuating water weight... to gain 3lbs you need to eat about 10,500 calories over what you burn... did you do that? Of course not... If normal stalls and weight fluctuations bother you then my advice is STAY AWAY FROM THE SCALE!!! LOL Ok I weigh every day... BUT I understand that stalls and water weight fluctuations are normal and don't let them bother me or freak out Darlene 338/221/170 -117lbs
Arizcurl
on 8/31/06 11:48 am - Tucson, AZ
This is just my opion. Stay away from the slim fast bar and switch ove to kellogs bars they only have 90 calories and they taste just as good . sometimes dietary bars has stuff in them that is more fating than helpfull. are you eating puree soft food maybe your not digesting the food. If I were you I would call the dietian if I keep gaining good luck Carol
Sandy in Tucson
on 9/1/06 3:13 am - Tucson, AZ
time to walk or shop more and forget the scale. I shopped a lot at first to forget food......it helped. I drank Isopure in the bottle....2 of them a day---about $7.00 a day. I was never hungry...and rarely hungry now at 21 months out. I still drink 3 shakes a day....Unjury protein. I believe in Unjury!!! Sandy
CKoehlerGMa
on 9/15/06 4:26 am
Hi I cannot locate information on the support group at Estrella hospital. I was told you would know. I would appreciate it, I am looking forward to going. I am thinking it is tomorrow on Sept 16...right? I need what time and where Thanks
Most Active