Migraines

cynthia E.
on 8/29/06 6:32 am - buckeye, AZ
Hello everyone! I am almost 2 years post op. I started getting massive headaches last August. They have turned into Migraines. I have seen several doctors. Had many tests and even surgery. I even tried to talk to my OBGYN about it. Thinking that it might be a hormonal change since my surgery. I talked the surgeons who did my gastric bypass. Nothing helped. Yesterday I went to a neurologist that specializes in Migraines. After spending 2 hours with him. He did some tests and we had a serious talk. It turns out since Migraines run in the family on my dads side. I am more likely to get them. But why now? Because when I was 90+ pounds heavier I was on birth control, produced more estregen, testostron, & progestrin. Those hormones are headache blockers. Now that my system is normal and not over producing. I now get the migraines. I just wanted to tell my story. Hoping that if anyone else has a family history of migraines. Please be aware that you might get them when you are at a normal weight. I don't want to discourage anyone but I want you to be prepared. I will now have to take prescribed medication long term. I don't regret having the surgery! Even though it seems like you get rid of some things and get other things in its place. Being 90+ pounds lighter is a blessing Like I said I don't want to scare anyone but I migraines are not fun. Cynthia
K B (Tucson)
on 8/29/06 8:11 am - Tucson, AZ
Interesting info. Thanks for sharing. Hope your migraines can be relieved. Good luck.
Most Active