Dr. Simpson??

Paula Prichard
on 8/29/06 3:52 am - Kingman, AZ
Okay, I have narrowed my search of LapBand surgeons and have an appointment with Dr. Simpson. Do any of you all have any experience with him and his staff? Did you have surgery with him? How was it?? Thanks!!
Darlene X
on 8/29/06 5:05 am - Maricopa, AZ
Paula, Joyce Plastow who posts here on this forum works for him -- Unfortunately Joyce is away in Utah for a few weeks and no mail--- Joyce (Open RNY) is the sweetest person you will ever meet, she runs the Chandler WLS Support group. Christine (Lap RNY) also works for Dr Simpson, Christine is a HUGE sweetheart, she is gorgeous and so sweet. Darci (RNY also, not sure what kind) Ive met a few times and she is just great! So I would have to say he has the best staff around! those girls are just awesome... Ive met him once, he came and talked at our support group, seems like a very nice guy. My Aunt is in the process of looking at a revision from gastric bypass to Lap band like you are--- she had gastric bypass like 14 years ago that failed.... she is looking into Dr Simspon. Check out his website, I think its Drsimpson.com or something like that, he has a message board there for his patients , he and his staff are active on the forum. Ive heard he has a really good program. Darlene
Kathleen H.
on 8/29/06 6:10 am - Mesa, AZ
Dr. Simpson is doing my band next Wednesday. He does have a great staff and he's very down to earth too. They even have a Pet Therapist that runs the show over there named Diego. If you go to www.drsimpson.com and go to Patient Area you'll see his message board and see that he posts regularly, holds several support groups for afterwards, and even hosts "Dinner with Doc" nights. He has another site www.drsimpson.net that he updates. Go on there and check the WLSurgery tab and check out that section for info. He's been on TV several times (he put a band on Jineane Ford's mom - channel 12). Hope you check him out and like him. Take care!
Stephanie B.
on 8/29/06 6:38 am - North Port, FL
Hi Paula, Dr Simposon performed my DS in 2002 and as a matter of fact is doing a hernia repair for me tomorrow morning! He is the best! Now what is interesting is you are an RNY looking to get the Lap Band, one of the girls I angeled for her DS in May 02 got the band in January (all surgeries with Dr S) and she is so happy! have you gone to his website? www.drsimpson.com I love him! He is the best!!!! This from a 4 year plus post op patient!I would say email me and we can chat but I will be away from a computer until next week due to surgery. But after Monday I will be available if you need me! Stephi Dr Simpson Open DS 08/12/02 335/158/155
Nerd Lover
on 8/29/06 9:04 am
I am still in my approval process for my surgery, and my surgeon will be Dr. Simpson. He is absolutely fantastic. He and his staff are VERY involved and down to earth...not to mention Diego the pet therapist! Definately check out the message board, we write there alot. Also, Dr. Simpson answers emails DIRECTLY on his Blackberry, now tell me if you can find someone else like that!!! We all love him, and his staff is great!
Most Active