7 WEEKS POST-OP & 80lbs GONE

(deactivated member)
on 8/28/06 12:52 pm - Gilbert, AZ
I have lost 80lbs in 7 weeks. Has anyone else lost weight this fast. I am finally getting my energy back and the light headedness is fading. I am eating three meals a day and getting in all my vitamins. I have not exercised since I left the hospital because of my extreme fatique. However I am feeling like walking and feeling alot lighter on my feet.
Darlene X
on 8/29/06 3:46 am - Maricopa, AZ
It's not abnormal... you started at a high weight, quite a bit to lose... and your a man (Evil men lose faster than women). I had lost about 60lbs around that same time frame, Im a girl and started with a lot less to lose.... Believe me, it will slow down. Darlene 338/222/170
KT300
on 8/29/06 6:28 am - Cave Creek, AZ
Congrats Jeremy! I too will be having surgery with Dr. B and hope for the same great results. Wondering though about your fatigue, I have small kids, at what point were you feeling semi-normal again? How many weeks? Trying to figure out a plan for my kids and daycare and husband time off from work. Thanks! Katie
vquigley
on 8/29/06 7:57 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hi, Jeremy, 80 lbs lost is great! I'm 4 weeks out and have lost 33.5 lbs (at least as of a week ago). My doctor recommended I walk the mall which has helped to build my stamina. Keep doing what you're doing, Virginia
(deactivated member)
on 8/29/06 1:28 pm - Gilbert, AZ
Katie, I was out of work for 5 weeks. I have not had any complications. But I battled light headedness, dizziness, and extreme fatique. I am still getting dizzy spells and a little bit of light headedness and I am 7 weeks out. My fatique lasted for 4 weeks and it was miserable. I left my son in daycare the whole time I was off because I needed the rest and I did not want to be snappy or crabby towards him. Goodluck and you are in awesome hands.
(deactivated member)
on 8/29/06 1:35 pm - Gilbert, AZ
Virginia, Thank you for your post. That is awesome what you have losted. You also keep up the good work. Just remember not to over do it. The injury is not worth the down time that follows it. I have taken it really easy and once I get the 2 month release It will be on like donkey kong.
(deactivated member)
on 8/29/06 1:41 pm - Gilbert, AZ
Darlene, I have read a lot of your posts and you were my inspiration to lose the weight fast like you. I thought it would be a tough battle but as long as i follow the plan it keeps coming off. The only part of my plan I am not doing is the exercise but as my fatique fades I feel it is right around the corner.
Linda S.
on 8/29/06 4:43 pm - PHOENIX, AZ
It is so great to hear you are doing so well. I have been reading your posts and you have come such a long way in a short time. You too, are an inspiration.
BOBINA
on 8/30/06 5:05 am - mesa, AZ
Jeremy Is this a new picture ? You look thinner in it than you did at our support meeting, Your doing great. I wish the women lost weight as fast as the men do. I am 1 week behind you and have lost 52.5 lbs. Is it wild to be back at work and have people ask you about it ?
Nicole W.
on 8/30/06 4:34 am - Cave Creek, AZ
Wow Jeremy! That is awesome... I am very glad you have lost that much weight so far! Just wondering... have you talked to the doc about the extreme fatique? Glad you are walking on sunshine!
Most Active