Blackstone or Juarez???

Paula Prichard
on 8/28/06 1:57 am - Kingman, AZ
Which doctor is better? Who did you go through?? Any good or bad things either way?? Thanks!! I'm looking to get a revision to my rny pouch- basically get it banded.
BOBINA
on 8/28/06 4:41 am - mesa, AZ
why not Dr Simpson ??? he is leader in bands in Az . I have my surgery with Blackstone little more $ but she was well worth it .
Paula Prichard
on 8/29/06 1:06 am - Kingman, AZ
I think he is actually covered by my insurance, but since I live about 4 hours from the Phoenix area I thought it better to only see two surgeons instead of about the 10 that do it....too far to drive for 10 different seminars and appointments, espcially since this is a revision to my rny and not an original surgery. Although, the more I read, the more I am inclined NOT to go with Blackstone. I think she sounds great, but I downloaded the patient application and holy crap there are a lot of non-insurance covered fees....and to be quite honest with you, I will NEVER be driving 4 hours for a support group. As it was, I only went to maybe 4 or 5 of them with my rny doctor and that was because he was down the street.
Darlene X
on 8/28/06 5:58 am - Maricopa, AZ
Fang LOL Both are excellent surgeons, Dr Juarez takes a little getting used to but lots of people I know just love him.... Dr Blackstone charges an additional like $1300 fee to go through her... so both are excellent, both are good choices... but one your going to pay more out of pocket for.
Paula Prichard
on 8/29/06 1:09 am - Kingman, AZ
I'm not really concerned with the bedside manner. I did get the patient application from Blackstone yesterday (who I will admit WAS my first choice) and saw all those additional fees. I live so far away that I will not be making use of the support stuff that she charges extra for...and is not covered by insurance...so I am doubting I will use her because of that. Thanks, though.
(deactivated member)
on 8/28/06 12:58 pm - Gilbert, AZ
I am very partial to Dr Blackstone. She had me in and out of surgery in one hour. No complications to date and I am 7 weeks out and down 80lbs. She was a very personal surgeon and really made sure I was ready and willing to change. I reccomend going to one of her free seminars. The diet plan is very strict but all for good reasons. They do not want you vomiting or dumping or having any other complications like ulcers. Good luck with your decision I think you have narrowed it down to 2 great surgeons.
Paula Prichard
on 8/29/06 1:11 am - Kingman, AZ
Well I have already had an RNY, so I am pretty familiar with the dumping and the throwing up...done my fair share. lol I really like her, but I'm not sure I want to pay the $$$$ for all the aftercare stuff that I won't be using since I live 4+ hours away. Your surgery sounds like it went well though...congrats on the loss- that is awesome!
Arizcurl
on 8/31/06 11:37 am - Tucson, AZ
Dr Juarez, I Just Like the way he is he jokes and spends time and answers every question I have. Today is 1 yr anniversary over 100 lbs and he said if I don't lode another pound it was a good journey. my surgery was only 1hr and 10 mins. i like him also because he checks for leakage while your under. and not when your in your room and have to go back and drink something. I live 2 1/2 hr from St Lukes but it was worth it. since I don't go to support groups either. Good Luck with your decsion. Carol
Most Active