Just getting started

tkswanson
on 8/28/06 12:33 am
Hi, I am new to the site and am looking at the Lap-Band surgery. I would love to hear from anyone that has had the procedure, with pro's and con's. I am making an appt with Dr. Terry Simpson soon to attend a seminar. Has anyone else meet with him or gone through is program? who love to hear about it! This looks like a great site with lots of information, I could read for days.... Thanks for your information! Kat
Kathleen H.
on 8/28/06 1:56 pm - Mesa, AZ
I am getting my band from Dr. Simpson next week (9/6)! He is a great doctor and he is very involved with his patients...even afterwards! He does special dinners, posts on his message board, answers his e-mails personally right away, etc. He even put a lapband in Channel 12's Jineane Ford's mom! He has a couple of websites to check out... www.drsimpson.com www.drsimpson.net Maybe I'll see you at one of his support groups or in the office sometime! Good luck!
tweet-tweet
on 8/29/06 12:19 am - Phoenix, AZ
DS on 03/17/14
Hi. I haven't gotten my band yet... I'll get it in 4 weeks. But, there is a forum here especially for lapbands. There are a lot of people there who have already had them done with great success. Renee
jenniebr
on 8/31/06 6:47 am - queen creek, AZ
Hi Kat! I got my band Dec 15, 2005. My hubby on April 10. We love them! I hit my goal in less than 7 months. total of 114 lbs gone!! My hubby is working on 80 lbs gone. While I did not have Dr Simpson, I have talked with some of his patients and wished he were my surgeon! I liked my surgeon I just don't like the changes in staff and policy. We considered switching to Dr Simpson but its just too far for us to drive. (I don't really need fills anymore). I could go on for days about how well my band worked for me but the proof is seeing and the fact that I am no longer using any diabetes meds I was on insulin 3 times a day before surgery. If you need anything please email me. Jen
Most Active