Psychologist

pwrightt
on 8/26/06 9:55 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Does anyone know a Psychologist here in the North part of Phoenix or Scottsdale. I know of Dr. Maxwell but I would like to find someone closer. I have read most of the earlier feeds so I need a little help on this one.
horizontallychallenged
on 8/26/06 3:32 pm
Dr. Maxwell at St. Luke hospital can do it for you along with the MMPI test if you need one - 602-262-2222
Nicole W.
on 8/26/06 8:57 pm - Cave Creek, AZ
Dr. Buddy Messner at Scottsdale Bariatric... but I just read that you don't want to go thru SBC due to the costs. I know it's expensive and I am taking money out of my 401K to pay for the costs for the support services, but I personally feel it's well worth it. To have all the services under one roof was a big seller for me and also its close to my home. Otherwise, I would ask your PCP to see if they recommend someone or call your insurance company and see who particpates with your plan. Good Luck!
pwrightt
on 8/27/06 12:28 am - PHOENIX, AZ
My plan doesn't cover any Psychologist so that is why I am looking for someone closer. I wanted so bad to go thru Scottsdale Baratric but my plan does not cover them. Then I went to the Mayo Clinic and I would HAVE to attend 12 classes. The process also takes up to 6 months to 1 yr. Mainly there was no way I was going to get the time off from work to do all that they required. I know that DR. Juarez is good, and he's in my network, but I have not read the best reviews about St Lukes. But I will do what I need to do. By the time all this is finished I just may need a good psycholosgist.!!!!! Thanks everyone again for the great feedback
horizontallychallenged
on 8/27/06 12:35 am
Dr. Juarez also does surgery at Good Samaritan. If you go through St. Lukes program, they require 3 more classes called the ABC's, Good Sam doesn't. The Psych at St. Lukes will see you (doesn't matter where you have surgery) and she is almost half price of all the others I called to get into. If you have a secondary insurance through Medicare, you will be required to find a surgeion and a hospital that has the "Center of Excellence" qualifications. Dr. Juarez and Good Samaritan both do, I don't know about St. Lukes, it might.
horizontallychallenged
on 8/27/06 12:43 am
I just re-read your question... hehe, I didn't see you were looking for someone other than... I live almost 2 hours away from St. Lukes, and I didn't know it wasn't in Phx. I also thought Good Samaritan was near Scottsdale which I thought was in Phx, the whole thing is Phoenix to me - Mesa (Phx), Glendale (Phx), Scottsdale (Phx), Paradise Valley (Phx), Phoenix (Phx), Sun City (Sun City)
pwrightt
on 8/27/06 1:02 am - PHOENIX, AZ
That was the funniest post I have ever read. The whole process will drive anyone nuts.
cynthia E.
on 8/28/06 6:00 am - buckeye, AZ
Pam; If you are going through the program at the Mayo. Can you use a dr. in there Weight loss program? I used Dr. Lawrence M. Martin, MD, Psychiartrist. I found him on my insurance. He was very nice. We sat and talked for like 45 minutes. He used to work for the Mayo clinic before moving to AZ. He was familiar with the bariatric surgery. He knew exactly what to do and what questions to ask. It was one visit not physc testing or nothing. His office send me a copy of the report and that was it. His address is 7432 E. Camelback Road, Scottsdale, AZ 85251-3509 (480)423-0713 phone. If you do go to Dr. Martin let them know it is for Bariatric (Weightloss) surgery. Hope this helps, Cynthia
pwrightt
on 8/28/06 1:36 pm - PHOENIX, AZ
Everyone I have spoke with said the psch evaluation was not covered by my insurance. Guess what? Dr. Martin is. I cannot thank you enough. I will have enough coming out of my pocket. This will really help. Thank you Thank you
Most Active