Help Post-op

JULESAZ
on 8/22/06 1:07 pm - CHANDLER, AZ
I am having surgery tomorrow and am wondering how much help I will need after I get out of the hospital. I can not depend on the person that I thought would help me out once I get home. :- ( Will I be able to get up and around to get my water & protein drinks, or would it be wise to call a family member to fly in to stay with me? Thanks for your help
BIG F.
on 8/22/06 1:25 pm - chandler, AZ
If Doctor V is your surgeon you are probably having laparoscopic so I'm not sure how much help you will need. I had Open RNY and I needed help for about a wee****il I finally beg my wife to go back to work. Don't take any chances call a family member or friend. Better safe than sorry.
sallyann
on 8/23/06 4:22 am - page, AZ
Hi Julie I was a lap pt. I agree that you might ask someone to come in for a few days anyway! I was back to work in 1 week(sit down job). I needed naps for the first month then I was ok. I slept alot the first week but I was able to do for myself. I think its a good idea to have someone there while you shower/bathe etc. And you might wants someone for moral support! That may be more important than anything! Its not that I was hurting but I felt pretty goofy after all the anesthesia and pain meds in the hosp. Better safe than sorry! Best wishes, you are going to do great! Sally
Linda S.
on 8/29/06 4:44 pm - PHOENIX, AZ
So how are you doing??
Most Active