Dawnml
on 8/22/06 2:50 am - Cave Creek, AZ
Good Morning all, My name is Dawn. I am a 31yo stay at home Mom of 4. My oldest is 10 and youngest is now 6 months. I have been researching WLS for 2 years now and finally decided it was time to move forward. Husband and I are done having children and now is as good as time of a time as any. Like most of you I have been overweight my entire life. My heaviest being around 270 (Im 5'5) - and this was when I was going through my divorce from my first husband. Currently I am around 240 and I fear a surgeon will take one look at me and say yes, Im fat but not fat enough. I have tried every diet known to man LA Weight Loss, Jenny Craig, Atkins, Cabbage Soup, Dexatrim, Xenical - naturally they all work great for the first few weeks then, well, you know the routine. I found this website about a year(ish) ago and have trolled the forums and read lots of profiles. I am encouraged that this is the right decision after seeing so much success here. I would love to find a penpal or someone to chat with that has a similar history and experience. I am going to a seminar tonight for Dr Villares, and so my journey to a healthy life begins.
Lisa_Rene
on 8/23/06 11:24 am - El Mirage, AZ
Hi Dawn, I just wanted to say Hi. I've been doing alot of reading and asking people questions on this site and everyone is just great. The people I've send emails to have been so helpful with information. I decided to look into having WLS and I started the steps a couple months ago. I'm just going to go forward and see what happens. If it's meant to be, everything will work out in the long run. I had a consultation a couple weeks ago with my surgeon. I'm right at the border line of 40 BMI, I'm at 38 and have a few other problems but nothing bad. He told me we will work with that and see what happens. So, i'm off to the phycologist on Friday to see how that goes..lol Drop me a note anytime if you like. And remember, everyone seems so willing to help with any questions you might have. Take care, Lisa
Most Active