8 Day Count Down... Carrie WLS 08/29th

cj29
on 8/20/06 5:08 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Well, it's official in 8 days I will have my WLS with Dr. Steven Simon. I have my mother flying in next weekend from Texas and my husband has scheduled two weeks off of work to make sure I get all the care I need to be successful. I started packing my bag for the hospital and bought most of my foods & vitamins after the surgery. I have made my decision no matter how nervous & scared I am. I will trust in the Lord, my fabulous Dr and the staff at PMH. Virginia Quigley has kindly volunteered to be my Angel and I hope she will keep you all posted. Does anyone have any final advise for me? Have I forgotten to do anything or anything you recommend I do? Thank you to all the wonderful people I have meet on this website. The people whose positive words and insight has helped calm my nerves. I will keep you posted on my count down to my NEW life. Your WLS Sister, Carrie
sallyann
on 8/21/06 4:24 am - page, AZ
Good luck to you Carrie!! only 8 days and you will be on the losing side. You have family support and our loving and healing awesome God. Virginia will be a fantastic angel! She is always so kind, so positive and full of knowlege. 2 of my favorite and most necessary items to take to the Hospital were Chapstic and My Tummy pillow (small travel pillow $3.00 at walmart). I used it to press on my incisions for getting up and sitting down, rolling over in bed and for traveling in the car. I was seldom without it. It helped with the pain of unexpected jolts etc. Im so happy for you! Before you know it the surgery will be just a memory. You will be on your awesome journey to a healthier YOU! Best wishes always!! sally
cj29
on 8/21/06 3:05 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Sally, thanks for replying. I am so nervous and excited at the same time. I have meet some wonderful people from this site and you all have been my ROCK. The list of fantastic people grow each week and I'm so happy Virginia will be my ANGEL as she is only 21 days POST-Op. I spoke to her tonight and she sounds GREAT! I need to get a travel pillow now; it seems it has helped alot of you Guru's have recommended it on here; I hope it will help me as I'm a big baby when it comes to pain. LOL Virginia & I are planning on attending a WLS meeting in Avondale Saturday; so I hope you can attend. Please say a prayer for me and Virginia will keep you all posted. Your WLS sister, Carrie
JULESAZ
on 8/21/06 7:19 am - CHANDLER, AZ
Good Luck Carrie~my thoughts are with you! My Surgery with Dr Simon is in 2 days on Wednesday I am somewhat anxious, but I feel at peace with the decision that I have made and have great trust in Dr. Simon.
cj29
on 8/21/06 3:17 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Julie, In one day you will offically be a LOSER! LOL I'm so happy for you and can't wait to hear about your results and experiences at PMH. Dr. S is a GREAT DR and he's preformed many of these surgeries... You're in good hands. Who is your Angel? Make sure they keep us posted on your status. Best of luck and wishing you skinny wishes (as my Angel always says). Your WLS sister, Carrie
JRinAZ
on 8/21/06 8:45 am - Layton, UT
Carrie, I'll be sending off warm fuzzy thoughts from Utah!!!! ......I can't wait to get back in 3 weeks and hear your great weight loss numbers!!!!! Dangerous curves are ahead for you..................... Huggggz, Joyce
cj29
on 8/21/06 3:21 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Joyce, As I have already told you; just to say it agin my new friend; you're an amazing person. A thoughtful and positive person that's always there to answer our questions and guide us. You are an inspiration to us all; thank you for being you! :0) Your WLS sister, Carrie
Most Active