Confused

Linda S.
on 8/20/06 2:23 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Thanks for the response Darlene. Yeah, that makes sense. I do understand about the scar tissue, and such. When I had my surgery for gall bladder in 1984..wow..long time ago, the doctors had me heal "openly", to allow my incision to "knit" itself close. I was wired for sound the first month(a bag for fluids to come out of yuck), but my scar is totally flat with no thickness under it. Being an African American, they were not sure if I would have the keloid (sp) scar, which is prevelant in my race and is a thick tissue sort of healing, thankfully, I don't. They also said there was a lesser chance of infection that way. New things in surgeries happen so fast, thank heavens. When I had my hysterectomy (partial), i***** the doctor went through my cootchie (grin), so no scar for that, and he threw in a bladder suspension. I need to heal fast so I can go back to work as soon as possible, but what will be will be, and I will not rush myself back to work if I my body is not ready.Thank God I work for a good company! I am cutting down on my food already and have lost 9 pounds. I am so ready to go. Can you tell me this, when you had your cardio, and pulmonary work done, did you have them send the records to Dr. Fang, or did you hand carry them? I have copies of all my medical records (paranoid child of the 60's), I am going to ask them for copies also. I showed Dr. Fang my records and latest EKG, and blood work, he goes..."you are a diabetic", after looking at blood work from a month ago, and then he says, the surgery will take care of that, my bood glucose was 113. What is scary is that my other doctor said "you are on your way to being a diabetic", and left it at that. I am happy to say I have a new doctor now.Also, the test was not a "fasting" blood sugar.Which ever way, just one more reason for wls. Thanks once again, I am so excited and Dr. Fang said to have the office assistants make copies and put them in my file. Well, the ladies up front told me, "Colleen is in charge of you", and they made NO copies...hmmmm. I have my final meeting with the therapist on Tues, and my test results are back, so that was pretty fast. It looks like the end of September or the beginning of October for me...Grin, gasp, wow. I am so tired of being fat, I do not think I can pass another summer here in Phoenix this way, if I were a horse, they would have shot me already, to put me out of my misery..laugh. Take care.
Most Active