Well hello again... home bound!

kayjaybee
on 8/18/06 8:37 am - Tucson, AZ
Whooooooooooooooo weeeeeeee. Because I'm actually lucid, I'll give you all the low down as I remember it. but... Connie... Honey, You are amazing. A lifesaver to be sure and without your encouraging words, laughable euphamisms, and tender concern I would've jumped over those bedrails soooo fast. Thank you just doesn't seem like enough. If Karma kicks it back tenfold, then darlin you're in for a wonderful ride. So yeah, um..... it was a wild ride. The day before my preop I tried masking the taste of the wonderful bowel prep with 1) Sprite 2) OJ 3) Cranberry Juice and 4) ALL OF THE ABOVE. It was soooo gross but I guess it got the job done. By the end of the night I had a case of the runs so impressive you'd think Carl Lewis had taken up residence in my ass. I actually slept well that night and woke up in pretty good spirits. The nerves were being held at bay until the moment I checked in at the hospital. If being stabbed 7 times in your preop, and 9 times the day of your surgery count for being "a hard stick" then SIGN ME UP. Frankly, that was the worst part. With a last visit from the Dr's I was off to surgery... next thing you know I'm waking up to the distant sound of a man's voice asking me to rate my pain from 1-10. The nice man drugged me a'plenty and I went back to sleep only after I proclaimed my undying love for him, the other nurses in the PACU, the lord, my kids, my husband... and well... you get the idea.. nuff said. The rest of my stay went smashingly well. The staff was SUPER and the room was clean and cozy and lastly,the drugs worked well. The nighttime vampire came to suck my blood and honestly... that was the second worst moment. Finally, I looked at my husband and said "For F's sake, give me the g'd d*** needle, I'll do it myself." Clearly, I make friends nearly everywhere. I'm not on pain meds now, am having issues with lots of bloating and painfull gas and have a call into the dr. about dark black runny bowel movements (recoil in horror here). Provided all that is normal, I dare say I'm doing a-okay. My friends, I thank you for your kind words, your generous offerings of support and feel humbled by the greatness that we have here at OH. Be well, K
JRinAZ
on 8/18/06 12:04 pm - Layton, UT
LOL! You should take your "surgery" story on the road and perhaps win the title of the Next Comic Standing! LOL! I enjoyed your telling of it and could just imagine those recovery folks totally cracking up as you declared your undying love for them!!!! Glad you are home and are on the losing side! Your littel greasy potty floaties are very typical.......unfortunately, so is the bloaty gassy thing! It will all pass....(sorry!) Keep us posted! Huggggz, Joyce
lemarie22
on 8/19/06 12:55 am - Glendale, AZ
K, I was honored to be able to share your journey and I know that you will do the same for someone else down the road. It''s an amazing journey of self-discovery and better health and I know you're going to do great. Glad you're home, glad you're doing well and the gas will be gone soon. Big Hugs, Connie
Most Active