Revision Monday

Janette
on 8/15/06 11:27 pm - Peoria, AZ
I posted on Aug 7th about complications that have developed and just sending an update. I go in Mon am for surgery for a revision (not reversal). The Dr will cut out bottom of pouch and upper part of intestine and reanastomis it together, He will also look in my "old" stomach" to make sure there are no fistulas or ulcerations in there and if all ok will but in a feeding tube. They put in a PICC line and I am now on TPN for severe malnourishment. At 18 months my wt stablized for the next 6 months re: I has plastics done end of May. Multiple infections and antibiotics. I asked the WLS Dr if this caused this and he said was probably developing anyway but could have helped it along. He said the revision surgery is much harder and dangerous than gastric bypass so i am apprehensive to say the least but I cant wait to feel better again as I felt so good for the last 2 yrs. Janette RNY 7-13-04 363/120( before TPN) I need to be 135 to 140 for a healthy wt for me
sallyann
on 8/16/06 4:41 am - page, AZ
Oh My Janette... my best wishes thoughts and prayers are with you! keep us informed ok? Im sure you will be feeling better soon. May God Bless! Sally
vquigley
on 8/16/06 8:39 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hi, Janette, My prayers and thoughts will be with you as you go through this process. You've come a long way already and I hope you feel better soon. Virginia
Tiffany McGee
on 8/16/06 11:47 am - Glendale, AZ
Best of Luck to you Janette! I hope everything works out better for you this time! *HUGS* Tiff
K B (Tucson)
on 8/16/06 1:01 pm - Tucson, AZ
Best of luck with your surgery and healing. I hope ALL goes well from now on.
JRinAZ
on 8/16/06 2:23 pm - Layton, UT
Janette, Healthy thoughts and prayers being sent for you that this will be an uneventful surgery with fixes that restore your health and secure a happy future! Big Huggggzzzz to you! Joyce
Most Active