Dr. Roust-Dr.Swain

pwrightt
on 8/15/06 2:00 pm - PHOENIX, AZ
Well I finally have made up my mind on a doctor and will be seeing Dr. Roust for the first time on Thursday. I guess I see her first before we ever see Dr. Swain. I am so excited. Even though I am overweight it took a long time to make up my mind that the surgery was for me. Now I can't wait to start my journey. Every night I log in to read all the new entries that other members have posted. The support is so overwhelming. What a blessing this site has been.
(deactivated member)
on 8/15/06 2:48 pm - Yakima, WA
Awesome! I'm so glad you found the doctor for you! Congrats and the BEST of good wishes to you in your journey! Best, ~Tooter
cynthia E.
on 8/17/06 5:45 am - buckeye, AZ
Pam; When I started my journey I also went to the Mayo Clinic. I have herd alot if great thing about Dr. Swain. Dr. Roust is very detailed orented. She takes her time with her patients. She is also very busy. It takes along time between appointments. She will go over every little detail of your life medical history. She will run all kinds of studies and tests. If and when you will see Dr. Swain will be unknown. I went to the Mayo clinic for about 6 months (02/04) to see Dr. Roust and have tests done. There were times I went to see Dr. Roust and had my appointment cancelled as a I waited there. She can take too long with some patients so the trickle affect can happen. I got tired of this and the time it was taking. She ran so many tests and have me see several other doctors for things I can't even explain. When she wanted me to see the allergy doctor I had to draw the line. It seemed that I would never see Dr. Swain. I called my insurance company and asked what other surgeons were on my plan. They said that Dr. Juarez at St. Lukes was the best they could recommend. I made appointment for the seminar (08/04). By the time I went to the classes and got my insurance approval I had my surgery in Novmeber 2004. I don't want to scare you. I just wanted to let you know that time and patience will be needed to go this route. Hopefully by now they have changed a few things. I sure hope it goes much smoother for you and you will get into see Dr. Swain! I am now 90+ pounds lighter and much healthier. My journey to get to this point was a long and hard one. I just wanted to give you some insight and hope that you will get through quickly and not have to wait. Please don't get discouraged! Best of luck! Cynthia
pwrightt
on 8/18/06 1:41 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Gosh: Everthing you said rang a bell. I remember thinking during my meeting that I would have to see about 5-6 different doctors. There was also a mention of a overnight stay for a sleep apnea test. Then there are 12 classes that I have to go to for learning how to eat right. With a full time job I don't think I can take this much time off. So now it may be on to plan B. This is one of the reason the forum is so important. We get great feedback.
Most Active