Set up meeting with Dr. Maxwell

Lisa_Rene
on 8/12/06 12:25 am - El Mirage, AZ
Hi everyone! Hope the weekend has started off well for everyone. Well, I got my appointment set up with Dr. Maxwell. Now I'll sit and worry about that for another two weeks..lol I can't get in sooner because of work and few other things. I start my ABC classes this coming Tueday. I have to miss September's class because of vacation but October will be here before you know it. I have another monthy meeting with my doctor this week. I just hope things go well for my 6 month visits. This will be my 3rd visit. I printed my requirements from Aetna to show her. I don't think she has had too many patience for WLS. I had a heck of a time trying to get a referral for Dr. Maxwell. The office told me twice and called Dr. Maxwell telling us we didn't need a referal. WRONG! I just want to go through the motions and get to where I want to be. My friend just flew through the 6 months with a different doctor in the office. I think mine will be alittle more difficult. But I read through so many of the profiles and that keeps me encouraged to keep moving forward. I want to start 2007 off with this surgery! Does anyone have any comments on Dr. Maxwell and her evaluation? Have a wonderful day
debrahn
on 8/12/06 1:32 pm - Goodyear, AZ
Dr. Maxwell is a real sweetheart and knows her business very well, has a great sense of humor and is very interesting. The 1st part of evaluation is written - you answer over 200 questions and takes 1 1/2 to 2 hours to complete. You don't see Dr. Maxwell at this time. The 2nd part - Dr. Maxell goes over the written part with you and asks you some questions - takes about an hour. At the end she tells you whether or not you are a good candidate for WLS. I imagine if she deems you not a good candidate, she would make recommendations on what actions to be completed to become a good candidate. Have a great weekend! Debbie
devotchka
on 8/13/06 4:07 am - tucson, AZ
Lisa, hi there ! If possible, you should be able to take the ABC classes in one day. As far as referrals, get one from your PCP for everything-no matter what-document everything, keep copies of all your records, etc. This is your best bet when going through the whole ordeal-keep it up!-Emmy
Most Active