Arizona newbie

Katie W
on 8/11/06 4:37 am - San Tan Valley, AZ
Hi all- I will be moving to AZ in one week and just wanted to introduce myself. I am a one year post op DS-er. I was wondering if there was a good support group in the Phoenix area. Also, are any of you Dr. Simpson DS patients? Thanks, Katie
Darlene X
on 8/11/06 4:50 am - Maricopa, AZ
Hi Welcome!!! The Chandler Support group is the most awesome hehehehe... we meet every 2nd & 4th Tuesday @ 6pm, Chandler Regional Hospital (Dobson & Frye)... There are lots of other good groups here too.... Darlene
Katie W
on 8/15/06 3:05 am - San Tan Valley, AZ
Thanks Darlene. I will try to make it to the second meeting for August. It will be nice to meet some new people since the only ones I will know down there are my (skinny and beautiful) sisters. Hope to see you there! Katie
JRinAZ
on 8/11/06 6:20 am - Layton, UT
Hi Katie! Welcome to AZ...... I notice that your addy says "Queen Creeek".... I facilitate a support group in Chandler that is attended by folks from all over the East Valley (to include the Queen Creek area). You are very welcome to join us. We meet on the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of the month from 6 to 7:30 at the Chandler Regional Hospital (lower level conference rooms 1 and 2). We usually follow the meeting with a dinner together at one of the local restaurants. People are eating in every phase of WLS!!!! Very fun and very educational. I work for Dr. Simpson and know that he has a special DS support group quarterly. You jkust missed his last one which was held on Monday night. His patient looad is primarily Lap Band now but he still follows many successful DS patients. You can chat with his patients on www.drsimpson.com In fact, if yiou need a doc to do your lab follow-ups then give us a call at the office to get set up!!! (602) 234-8995 Hope you enjoy our "cool" weather! Joyce
Stephanie B.
on 8/11/06 7:21 am - North Port, FL
Joyce how the heck did you beat me to this post? LOL I hope you are feeling better and that I actually get to meet you one of these days! Love, me
Katie W
on 8/15/06 3:09 am - San Tan Valley, AZ
Thanks Joyce! I had already planned on having Dr. Simpson do my follow-up care. I won't need labs done for about another 5 months, but I will be sure to call when the time comes. I will also be looking into a hernia repair and tummy tuck at about the same time. Do you have anyone you can recommend? Thanks in advance! Katie
JRinAZ
on 8/15/06 11:14 am - Layton, UT
Katie, I just had a TT (and other stuff) with Dr. John Collins in Tucson. I went with him after going to 8 different consults because of his great price and great history with WLS post-ops. He is laid back and not as pushy (non Hollywood flashy) and has a very mild and caring bedside manner for a surgeon. But....there are a zillion great surgeons in the valley that I would recommend as well. Dr. Mazaheri, Dr. Lillie, Dr. Corey, Dr. PTak, .....and then an amazing doc in CA who does many many post-ops and actually works insurance: Dr. Katzen. He has pop-ups on this O.H. site. In fact, you can go to the Plastic Surgery Forum from O.H. and read about him. He did one of our Chandler gals and she looks better than any other post plastics friends I have seen!!!!! I'll be at the next Chandler meeting and can introduce you to bunches of folks in the group who have had plastics so you can get some opinoins. HOpe to meet you soon! (next Tuesday) Joyce
Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 8/15/06 11:24 am - Tucson, AZ
If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for the TT with Dr. Collins?
JRinAZ
on 8/15/06 11:32 am - Layton, UT
Hi Becky! I got a professional disscount (I work for a surgeon) but will shoot you a private e-mail with the approximate price. I KNOW he beats the heck out of all the Phoenix prices!!!!!.....in fact, his price was the same as the docs in Costa Rica!!!!! ......being 2 hours away is a pain though but the inconvenience saved me enough money to be able to have other plastics options with my chunk of change! incoming private e-mail....... Joyce
Katie W
on 8/16/06 7:38 am - San Tan Valley, AZ
Thanks for the tips on surgeons. I have heard great things about Dr. Katzen too. I will most definitely try to make it to the meeting. Unless of course we aren't recovered from the looong drive to AZ! Katie
Most Active