Which sags worst, thick or thin skin?

horizontallychallenged
on 8/11/06 1:19 am
Which wrinkles and sags worse after WL - Thick skin or thin skin? I'm not talking about the actual weight of the skin, I'm talking about the elasticity in the epideral layers of the skin. Thick skins don't wrinkle or tear easily at all, thin skins may have better bounce-back ability??? I'm looking for educated answers instead of guesses, medically backed info or the been-there-done-that type of information.
JRinAZ
on 8/11/06 6:14 am - Layton, UT
You might want to ask that question on the Plastic Surgery Forum message site of Obesity Help. They actually have 2 to 3 physicians that post there on a regular basis. It's a good question. My GUESS is that wrinkling has less to do with whether skin is thick or thin and more to do with the muscle base of the area and YOUR age. If for instance my elasticity was compared to someone who was n their twenties then my guess is that they would have a better chance of toning their skin at the gym than I would. I lost 143 pounds and my arms have very little loose skin....I just turned 50. I did however begin working out right after my Rny and have continued for the 4 years post surgery. ....My mid section on the other hand had the same workout time and hung like a deflated balloon. Thank Heaven's for plastic surgery! Good luck on your quest! Joyce
Most Active