3rd day post op, owwwweeeeeee!!!!!

jenisrn7
on 8/9/06 10:17 am - Goodyear, AZ
I had my lap band late Monday evening, around 6.30pm. I am sooooo sore and my large incision looks infected. The doctor called in a script for an antibiotic but I am really concerned with the pain. The nurse said that Vicodin is the strongest that can be called in, they sent me home with a scrip for 20 of them but it wont last long taking it every 4 hours (2 of them). I did the math and they will only last 2 days, theyll be gone tomorrow. I feel so icky right now. And I can't sleep for any amount of time because of the pain. Jen
Tiffany McGee
on 8/9/06 1:03 pm - Glendale, AZ
OUCH! Jen I'm so sorry to hear about your pain! *gentle hugs*. Can you call tomorrow and let them know how bad the pain is and to see if you can get another script called in? I would stress that the pain from the incision is keeping you from sleeping. Good Luck! Sorry I'm not much help... maybe waking them in the middle of the night because of the pain will get there attention *wink wink*. Take Care! Tiff
Arizcurl
on 8/9/06 2:53 pm - Tucson, AZ
I don't know about lap band .But when I had my gastric by I took liquid Vicodin a big bottle.Dr, Juarez did not want any of us to have pain. He also did not want me to take any pills bigger than a baby asprin because it could get caught in the opening to the stomach. If you can't get to the Dr. I would at least take tylenol but make sure it is crumble it might be enough to take the edge off the pain good luck Carol
cyn30az
on 8/13/06 1:04 pm - lake havasu, AZ
i would ask your primary care for percocets they are a wonder 15mg and they are tiny ? i would ask your pcp and then call your surgeon to see what he thinks about it .. they have a lower dose but they are larger pills , but do they work .. i have pain not from surgery just back and knee pains and they work wonders without making u feel doped up
Most Active