My first meal :)

victorious711
on 8/10/06 3:40 am - flagstaff, AZ
Well Here I am, one week post op. The gas is FINALLY starting to go away (some Milk of Magnesia really helped with that - 1/2 a dose for two nights) Today is my first day off liquids. And I have to tell you I was SOOOOO looking forward to today, I was actually hungry when I woke up this AM. And thats a first I assure you, I havent been hungry at all the last week. This last 3 days I have just been bored with the liquids but I stuck it out. I really was wanting to actually 'taste' something different. My surgeons guidelines may be a bit different than yours, but as of today I am on what is considered 'Stage 2' (this stage lasts for one week) It is AM Meal 8 oz skim milk 1.5 oz protein (pureed) 1 oz fruit or vegetable (pureed) Mid morning meal Protein supplement (I have Atkins shakes for these) Noon Meal 1.5 oz protein (pureed) 1 oz fruit or vegetable (pureed) Afternoon Meal 6 oz plain yogurt or 8 oz skim milk 1 oz fruit (pureed) PM meal 1.5 oz protein (pureed) 1 oz fruit or vegetable (pureed) Evening meal Protein supplement Egads that sounds like ALOT of food, especially considering I am not allowed to drink for one hour prior to and after each meal. Thats 6 meals so thats like 12 hours of drinking time removed but STILL I have to get in 75 to 100 oz of liquid a day!!! Sheesh I was not hungry at all last week and I was only doing 1 oz of liquid every 15 mins (during awake time of course). I think I am going to be STUFFED to the gills with all this BUT even still I am glad to move onto this stage. I've been craving just the simple TASTE of something different. Not been hungry at all but desiring the taste, does that make sense? This AM I was actually hungry when I woke up (and thats a first) I think it was actually from the anticipation of having something different. My morning meal was: I avacado, with a splash of lemon juice, some salt and garlic. Guacamole anyone?? Yumm. That one avacado, once pureed, was way more than the 1 oz allowed so I had my portion and have refrigerated the rest for another time. Then I hardboiled 1 large egg. Added one tsp of fat free mayo, salt, pepper and celery seed and pureed that. Yumm! That measured EXACTLY the 1.5 ozs allowed. I skipped the milk since I added the mayo, because if I am not allowed to drink I was confused as to how it would fit in. I served it all on a little plate and ate with a teensy spoon . Took me about 20 or so mins to eat it all. I have just now (as in during the typing of the post) began sipping my way watered down crystal light (I hate it full strength) and munching on my morning vitamins. (Todays my first day back on vitamins as well) I am looking forward to the energy boost I think this will give me, as I have felt so wasted over the last week. Next week (after one week of this) I move on to 'Stage 3' which is exactly the same except not pureed foods. It lasts till 1 month post op.
turkeybird
on 8/10/06 4:21 am - AZ
Congratulations on making it to the next stage. I know it must make you happy. I am glad your gas is going away. When I talked to your husband last night at the store he seemed really concerned. I hope continues to go well. By the way this is brenda from safeway. I will be leaving today for my vacation. I hope to see you when I get back.
victorious711
on 8/10/06 4:48 am - flagstaff, AZ
Oh wow, Hi!!!! Have a great vacation!!! My major concern now is how to stuff all this food in!!! Oy vey!
Melissa P
on 8/10/06 6:23 am - Phoenix, AZ
Wow Victoria, I am really glad you are doing better. I am not sure how you are going to eat all of that food. At Scottsdale Bariatric we only do three meals a day and can't drink a half hour before or after our meals. I do one protein drink in between Breakfast and lunch. I eat about 2 -3 oz of protein at each meal and either a quarter cup of fruit or vegetables at each meal. I am usually really stuffed from that. Good luck getting the food and your liquids both in. Melissa
victorious711
on 8/10/06 6:44 am - flagstaff, AZ
well its 1:40 and I just managed to finish my midmorning meal (the protein shake). 4 more to go, and no drinking for another hour. I think I need to get up earlier in the day.
Sondra J. S.
on 8/10/06 9:39 am - Show Low, AZ
Hi Victoria, That meal plan sounds very familiar....lol.... It does sound like a lot.... I'm coming to Flagstaff next Thursday. Dr. Berger wants to see me because of my stinking gallbladder....lol....If your feeling better maybe we can meet somewhere, of course not out to eat as we planned last time, but maybe for a drink or something. Depends on how you feel of course. for some reason my cell doesn't work in Flag though. So, give me a call, I gave you my cell in another post, if you think you'll be up to it. I'm working until 11am then on my way to Flag. My appt. is at 2:30pm then don't know how long it'll be until I'm out of there. When is your next appt? It'd be so cool if you were there the same day!! That's very close to your 2 week appt. lol.... Let me know!!!! Glad the gas is getting better, my poor fiance was getting gassed out by all the poots and burps from me after the surgery, lol.... and to you my angelette!!!! Sondra Who had to have a Hida scan done today....NOT fun!!!!
victorious711
on 8/11/06 1:36 am - flagstaff, AZ
definitely. email me your number again though. I have phys. therapy that morning, so I will plan on coming home and getting some work done then coming back into town, maybe after your appt . My appt with Dr Berger (my first is on Monday). Do you not go to the support group meetings??? There's one on Monday night. I think I did pretty good yesterday, considering how stinking stuffed I was all day. I got all the meals in exept that last protein supplement (I just couldnt) and got all my liquids in. Not bad for the first day after a week of fluids only I think.
Sondra J. S.
on 8/11/06 4:59 am - Show Low, AZ
Victoria, That's wonderful that your getting your liquids in and trying the mush, lol. Berger's a wonderful doctor Alderige is great also, though you don't see much of him, lol, he's in the background a lot. I'll be there Tuesday..I sent you an e-mail so, check it and we will make plans!!!! Sondra
Most Active