Lake Havasu

cyn30az
on 8/8/06 3:03 pm - lake havasu, AZ
Hello to all im looking for anyone that is wanting or has had the WLS in my area i have finally got a date of sept 20th im a lot nerveous but i know i need to live just wondering if anyone knows or lives near me for support .. if not anyone have a date of sept 20th or close to .. and also i have questions for anyone with a extremly high bmi like myself im just really scared of the worse ... but i know i need to live again .. so i have my hands tied i have no choice in having the surgery or not i have a beautiful son who is almost 3 and loves his momma and needs his momma im a single parent and i need support please some wise words
Arizcurl
on 8/9/06 3:37 pm - Tucson, AZ
Hi ,Cindy I live in Tucson Az. Every one is nervous with any kind of surgery. I'm 59yrs my weight when I had surgery was 250 I'm 5'2" Aug 31st of this year is one yr I have lost 100 pounds. If you do what your suppose to do you should not have any promblems. I have the same Dr. Dr Juarez is the best one that I found and Dr.FANG is next in line . I researched them for a year before I chose him. My opinion the surgery was the easiest thing .Your asleep and when you wake up (my surgery was 1 hour and 10 mins. ) after recovery about a hour you go to your room. about a hour later me and my room mate she was 27yrs old wanted to get up and walk so we did. not far but we were up. They came and gave us our pain medicine when we needed as long as it was in the time range.We had our surgery Wed. morning at 10 am and went home Fri. at 12pm My husband drove me 125 miles home and it was a snap. just remember if your having someone drive you home stop and get out every hour or so for you won't get blood clots from sitting. I want to also let you know I 'm a Diabetic my Sugar was 250-400 which is high I took 120 units of insulin. now I take 12 units of insulin a day. and my reading are morning 125/140 and and in the day 80/100 great. Well you can e-mail me anytime You will be fine. Regards Carol
Sondra J. S.
on 8/11/06 12:02 am - Show Low, AZ
Cindy, Congrats on getting approved!!!! I have the EXACT same insurance as you do, it took them what seemed like forever to approve my surgery, I had a surgery date of Feb 23rd and even flew in my mom, sis and niece in from Missouri, cost me like 1'500 while they were here only to find out that the ins co still had me in a pending status then a month later when I was rescheduled for I was approved the Friday before surgery and the ins co, at least ours, won't talk to the patient about their status only to the Dr.'s offices....Now that's frusterating....I had my surgery done in Flagstaff....I wish you a very uneventful surgery and you have a beautiful baby boy!!!! If you have any questions feel free to e-mail me!! Sondra, 315/225/150 90lbs. gone forever!!!!
Most Active