More complications!!!

Janette
on 8/7/06 12:01 pm - Peoria, AZ
Hi everyone! Just wondering if anyone has had experience with a fistula. My story is long but I will try and shorten it. RNY 7-04, gallbladder out 11-04. Did well for 1 1/2 yrs, my wt stablized for 6 months and had plastic surg on May 24th. Its been mostly downhill since. Had infections 1st of thigh and bladder, cleared up and back to work 2 days than hospitalized r/t 104 fever and abcesses in arm and pneumonia. Needless to say LOTS of different antibiotics during that time. Also developed continous nausea and lost additional lbs. Lots of tests, blood work etc and have espohageal spasms, "significant reflux" even though on protonix for 8 plus months. Had an EGD (scope) last week and GI DR said normal but I looked at pics and knew 2 holes in the pouch was not. Took all reports, xrays etc to orginal gastic bypass Dr and he scoped me today himeself re" ulcer and fistula. I am continuing with phenergan, now on carafate liquid 4xs a day and protonix dose doubled. He said 50/50 this will help or he is going to have to do surgery and revise, not revsion of orginal surg. Scared you bet I am. Wanting to know if anyone has had a fistula and did it, could it heal on its own. Thanks Janette RNY 7-13-04 363/ 120 barely holding 5-24-06 abdominoplasty, thigh lift and brachioplasty
JRinAZ
on 8/7/06 3:00 pm - Layton, UT
Holy Cow Droppings Janette! You have got to be kidding me????!!!!!! .........You poor thing! I can't imagine having such a rough road from your plastics!!!! .....Keep your chin up and know that we're all thinking healing thoughts for you and sending prayers up in your behalf! Keep us posted! Hopefully your surgeon will be able to fix you up better than ever and you can get on with living the wonderful life in your new tight little teeny tiny body! (((((((((((Hugs!)))))))))))) Joyce (I'm all of a sudden feeling like my little incision infection is not such a big deal after all!!
jgowan
on 8/8/06 3:47 am - Sierra Vista, AZ
Is this fistula due to kidney failure? Or is this something else?
cj29
on 8/8/06 2:21 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Hi, I am so sorry to hear of your complications! I will say a prayer for you. I am going for my WLS with Dr Simon on 08/29th... I was wondering are your complications from the WLS or the plastic surgery? I am so scared of these types on complications and what your honest feedback as well as to know would you do it again? Thanks and I wish you a speedy recovery! Carrie
Most Active