Chandler Support Mtg, Tues the 8th!

JRinAZ
on 8/6/06 3:04 pm - Layton, UT
Chandler WLS Support Meeting is Tuesday night, 6-7:30 p.m. at Chandler Regional Hospital (SE corner of Dobson and Frye) in Chandler (this is south of Chandler Blvd). Enter building from the main entrance on the east side of the hospital and go to the elevators. We meet in conference rooms 1&2 in the basement. TOPIC: "Portion Distortion" Facilitator: Pam Shepherd Dinner following the meeting: Souper ! Salad ! (they have given us the children's price in the past) Address : 2780 West Chandler Blvd. Suite 7 - Chandler, AZ 85224 Telephone: (480) 821-2998 Directions From Loop 101: Take the Chandler Blvd. exit. Head east on Chandler Blvd. We are on the North side of the road in the Lowe's complex. The Chandler Support Group is for Rny's, Lap Banders, DS'ers, support people: from any program with any surgeon...........in other words....it's for EVERYONE! We'd love to have you join us!!!! See y'all there! Joyce
Darlene X
on 8/7/06 1:19 am - Maricopa, AZ
Hmmm Joyce, we will be there... but Im unsure about Souper Salad.... are they only going to discount with card's--- cause we don't have any... don't use them... or will they just take our word for it that we have had gastric bypass??? Are you going to call in advance and see if they will be ok with us all coming tomorrow night and whether they will discount?? I don't mind paying full price.... just we cant take any left overs home which we would if we spent that amount at a normal restraunt.... Darlene
JRinAZ
on 8/7/06 3:14 am - Layton, UT
Hey Darlene and any wondering about Support group tomorrow night..... First off...Pam is the facilitator and she selected the restaurant so I'm sure she has called them and made the plan for all of us to get the discounts. We have gone to Souper Salad 3 other times as a group and they have given everyone in our group the child's price....even the support folks! In the past, I have shown the cashier my card and then told them that I had called ahead and received permission to get the children's price. They already had tables puleld together for us and treated us wonderfully!!!! .........However, if having leftovers is a big deal to you then you can pay the FULL price as a take-out and load your containers with truckloads of food! I've stopped by there for a takeout lunch on occasion and had to throw away the stuff after having around 4 meals out of the containers! LOL!......Pam did include the phone number of the restaurant on the post so you can call personally if you have other questions. They have been a WLS friendly spot for us in the past! Very economical for our eating. Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow night!!!! I love Pam's topic on "portions"! Big Huggggz, Joyce
Kathleen H.
on 8/7/06 3:58 am - Mesa, AZ
Joyce, A little off topic... I won't be able to come tonight (family in town), but was reading about the card you show these types of places. I hadn't heard of this before... I'm assuming this is something you get after surgery? If so, is it also Lap Band patients? I was wondering about this same thing this weekend when we went to Golden Corral (which has a great variety of meats and tons of Veggies and Salad items!) and was wondering how I could get around paying the full price when I'm going to end up eating such a small amount.
JRinAZ
on 8/7/06 4:34 am - Layton, UT
Kathleen, I dont' think Doc Simpson's done them before.....BUT....I'm starting back to work tomorrow for a short day and will definitely get going on ordering some for our patients!.....Lap Banders should ge***** bitty meals too and GREAT BIG deals! LOL! 'til then.....anyone can print one off of Barbara Thompson's latest FREE newsletter link. You'll have to do some hunting on Google for it cuz I deleted it....but, I think she's the anchor gal for Bariatric Advantage? ....Does anyone else know? Joyce
Kathleen H.
on 8/7/06 6:14 am - Mesa, AZ
You must be feeling a lot better and a little bored if you're going back in tomorrow for a bit! THANKS for this info and for ordering some for the upcoming bandsters there. I'm officially inside 30 days till my band (9/6/06) and I'm really looking forward to being able to go to some of these meetings in the EV once my vacation is over and things calm down. Take care.
Kathleen H.
on 8/7/06 6:21 am - Mesa, AZ
Here's the link to make your own card to have signed by your surgeon...in case anyone else reads this and wants it. http://www.wlscenter.com/restaurant_card.htm
soon2bnewme
on 8/7/06 7:34 am - Chandler, AZ
Thanks for the link Kathleen. Did you see my information on the accupunture doctor. I posted it on drsimpson.com website. I sent in my hubby today and we'll see how well he feels later. Take care, Renee'
Kathleen H.
on 8/7/06 11:32 pm - Mesa, AZ
Renee, I did get the info. Thanks! How is the husband doing??? Kathleen
TMAZgal
on 8/8/06 10:28 am - Phoenix, AZ
Kathleen, I got my little lapband card from my surgeon's office it is a card that Inamed distributes along with your registration card that you send back to them. I used it once and the Hong Kong Gourmet buffet and they were so nice about it. Toni
Most Active