patients of Juarez...

devotchka
on 8/6/06 5:27 pm - tucson, AZ
Hello everyone. My surgery date is Sep.6th and I live in Tucson. I was wondering if there was some sort of support group via phone for those of us not in Phoenix. I heard a rumour. I do attend the support group here, but I'd like to get initial support from the Bridges Center.Also, should I be getting some sort of post-op info. as far as the best diet, etc.? So far I've gotten my post-op date and test date. Thanks, E.Hansen
Darlene X
on 8/7/06 1:16 am - Maricopa, AZ
They should be sending you a package that talks about all the eating stages, what you can and can't eat, recipe suggestions, info on dumping, foamies etc.,.. the booklet thing is like 30 pages or so. I got mine in the mail about 1 week before surgery--- but Hubby got his at the pre-op training day.... so not sure if they'll mail it to you or not.
devotchka
on 8/7/06 2:52 am - tucson, AZ
Thanks Darlene !! Do you attend the support groups ? Anything about phone contacts ?-Emmy
Darlene X
on 8/7/06 3:40 am - Maricopa, AZ
I don't attend St Lukes support groups sorry--- we go to the Chandler one-- St Lukes doesnt work with our schedules, and is too far from home.
Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 8/7/06 11:20 am - Tucson, AZ
Colene told me that I would receive my package at the same time I got my surgery date. I am hoping to get it this week. She said two weeks after I got my approval and that is Thursday. If I don't get anything by Thursday I am calling Dianna on Friday.
cyn30az
on 8/8/06 10:20 am - lake havasu, AZ
Coleen told me the same thing and nothing ever came when I called diana she never even sent so at that time she scheduled me a date and said I would get something in the mail girl u need to call diana and she doesnt hardly return phonecalls I just got lucky after 5 times of calling to catch her answering the phone
Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 8/8/06 10:49 am - Tucson, AZ
I have only called that office once that I got someone to answer the phone. I always have to leave a message. I called Diana today and left a message. I will call her again tomorrow. I have read bad things about her competency on here already so I was prepared. Thanks for the heads up. They are scheduling me at work for a bunch of training and I need to know a date.
debrahn
on 8/8/06 3:50 pm - Goodyear, AZ
Right you are - Diana doesn't return phone calls. I quess she's real busy, but knowing that doesn't make it any easier. It would be helpful to have some kind of timeline. I've had good experience with Kelly - I think I'll email her in the morning and ask for some answers to the questions we have. I'll get back to you when I hear back. Colene is a real sweetheart with a lot of compassion - I wish I could have dealt with her all the way through. Debbie
devotchka
on 8/8/06 9:04 pm - tucson, AZ
Thank you so much for the heads up-I've also had trouble getting hold of Diana.-Emmy
horizontallychallenged
on 8/9/06 12:44 pm
I don't know where you all are at in the process but this might help, when I call I push #1 to talk to Wendy (appointments). I have not talked to a machine one single time and I call every morning and some evenings to see if I can get in sooner than my appt. Wendy can tell you who's there, she is a sweety also. I too would like some type of timeline. The suspense is killing me!! I got my packet at the info seminar and sent it in right away but I haven't seen the doctor yet...
Most Active