Consult with Dr.Fang today

Lisa_Rene
on 7/31/06 11:45 am - El Mirage, AZ
Well, I did my seminar last Friday and my consult with Dr. Fang this afternoon. He is a very nice Doctor and answered alot of questions I had concerning the WLS. Now I know why so many people recommend him that i've spoken too. He told me I was a good canidate for the surgery. Now we just have to get Aetna to agree since I'm just overweight and don't have too many other problems. My BMI is 38 and he said it might be alittle more difficult to persude them, but we'll give it a try. The only thing he noticed was that I had an irregular heatbeat and I was just actually told that at my other doctors appointment the other day but I didn't think anything of it. So, hopefully that is nothing and I'll see what happens in the next few months. I'll keep my fingers crossed since I told him I would want to do the surgery in January if everything goes ok. And thanks to the people I've sent emails to and have gotten such words of encouragement and support. This website has been a blessing Lisa
Sarah C.
on 7/31/06 12:12 pm - Mesa, AZ
Lisa, Good luck to you on your journey, and I hope you get your approval. Dr. Fang is my Doc. and I really like him alot as well! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! Sarah
sallyann
on 7/31/06 12:48 pm - page, AZ
Hi Lisa, I love this website too. I read it everyday to learn more and if I have a question usually somebody has been through it or has a suggestion. I also had Dr Fang for my surgeon. I felt very comfortable in his care. I had Aetna..Cal them and ask what your benefits are? they should be able to tell you. My coworker/friend had a BMI of 38 with sleep apnea and they approved her for surgery. so, good luck and keep working at it..it will happen Sally
sharlove76
on 8/2/06 4:35 am - Mesa, AZ
Sally, I'm new to this and I was wondering how long did it take from start to finish to get approved by Aetna? I have them also, I only have 1 more ABC class and I know that Colleen said that she would sumit the paperwork after 3 months. My BMI is 60 with sleep apnea. Could you please help? Thanks, Cheryl
Linda S.
on 7/31/06 2:01 pm - PHOENIX, AZ
Hi, glad to hear your consultation went well. I too like Dr. Fang, he is so calm and straight forward. It is so funny, my daughter is meeting with him, right after my consult. Good luck to you. -Linda
Darlene X
on 8/1/06 7:19 am - Maricopa, AZ
Good Luck with your insurance!!!! I just love Dr Fang to peices! He is an excellent surgeon, you couldnt be in better hands! Darlene 338/232/170
tweet-tweet
on 8/3/06 2:57 am - Phoenix, AZ
DS on 03/17/14
Hi Lisa! I just had my consult with Dr. Fang last week too! Which surgery did you decide on? I 99% sure that I'm going for the lapband, and he said he thought it was a good choice for me. I don't have many other problems either, but since I just hit a BMI of 40, we are hoping insurance won't be a big problem. Tweet
Most Active