WHATS THE SKINNY??????

Darlene X
on 7/30/06 11:51 pm - Maricopa, AZ
St Lukes is far from dirty! It's an older hospital so not as "new" as places like Scottsdale Bariatrics. My Husband, Myself, my Sister in law and my Mother in law all had surgery at St Lukes.... all no complications, and no issues... awesome experiences! I could not be happier, the hospital is clean, the staff were great--- and I agree they are over worked a little.... but we all had amazing experiences. Dr Juarez & Dr Fang are extremely talented surgeons.... I'd rather have excellent surgeons do my suregery at an older hospital.... than go with someone not as talented because they have new facilities. Darlene
Darlene X
on 7/30/06 11:52 pm - Maricopa, AZ
Oh I also wanted to say if you actually research you will find their infection rate is far far below the national average for hospitals.
Linda S.
on 7/31/06 7:35 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Wow! I just saw your pics! You look gorgeous. Thanks for being such a positive influence. I enjoyed the honesty of your sharing, it truly touched my heart.
Darlene X
on 8/1/06 7:18 am - Maricopa, AZ
Thank for the compliments!!!! I wouldnt describe myself as gorgeous... but yeah i guess I need to get better at accepting compliments huh? LOL Dr Fang is awesome... you'll do great!
Sandy in Tucson
on 7/31/06 2:06 am - Tucson, AZ
I did get a staph infection from St. Lukes 7 weeks after surgery. It took that long to come to the surface----and trust me if it did not come to the surface...who knows if i would be here right now...it was that bad.....it was awful and nasty. 2 big holes in my incision. I had Rny open. But, staph can happen anywhere......anywhere. Crap can happen.................so why worry about it.....just focus on the new you after surgery. St. Lukes needs a remodeling job......but I was taken care of very well..........and I trust Dr. Fang.....so I would do it again...a 1,000,000 times over. Sandy 347/157/147 Wearing size 8 jeans today====bought these jeans 16 yrs ago when I did Optifast.....Lee brand --stretch...do they still make them? Sandy
Linda S.
on 7/31/06 2:48 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Thanks Sandy... LOL, I know they still make stretch jeans. However, I am not a EXPERT on Lees, so I will not hazard a guess. Thanks for being a straight shooter. God bless..
tweet-tweet
on 8/3/06 3:32 am - Phoenix, AZ
DS on 03/17/14
When I was in the waiting room for my appt with Dr. Fang, some one who had her surgery 3 months ago was telling me how dirty it was at St. Lukes too. However, I got the feeling that she might have been a little "high maintence" and not been please by any hospital. Some people are just that way. If you are worried, you could always take a tour of St. Lukes and Good Sam. Dr. Fang does surgeries at Good Sam also. My insurance will only do Banner facilities, so Good Sam is where I'm going. It seems nice. I had my last baby there and was very pleased by their facilities in that area. Tweet
Linda S.
on 8/3/06 1:41 pm - PHOENIX, AZ
Ahhh yes, I was in Banner last year, the staff was great! I will check and see what my insurance covers, am almost positive I can us Banner, though I am ok with St.Lukes. I had my 3 classes at St.Lukes, did you also? This late in the game, I am not about to make any switches that will delay my operation. Thanks for the info, Linda
tweet-tweet
on 8/3/06 2:03 pm - Phoenix, AZ
DS on 03/17/14
I don't think that classes are a requirement for Good Sam. At least, no one has told me that I need to take any classes. I did attend a 1 evening seminar before my surgical consult. My guess is that since you've done the 3 classes, they'd let you skip that, but you never know. Hospitals aren't always as logical as they should be. It certainly would be worth a call to find out. Good luck on this one! Tweet
Most Active