WHATS THE SKINNY??????

Linda S.
on 7/30/06 4:31 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Ok guys, this is so very very important. I just went into the hospital review pages where patients rate hospital/ staff/ fat senisitive...etc. St. Lukes has some bad bad reviews!!! I need feedback as I am now really upset. People say it is dirty, staff is unclean, inattentive, over worked. My concern is being an asthmatic, my immune system is LOW. I do not wanna die, and or aquire an infection do to negligence! So......whats "the skinny" on St Lukes?? ...thinking about re-routing surgery. -Scared in Phx.
vquigley
on 7/30/06 9:07 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hi, Linda, I really can't give you any info about St. Luke's but I was a little apprehensive about the facility where I'm having my surgery tomorrow. Call them and ask if you can take a tour of their facilities and meet their staff. I did that at Phoenix Memorial and felt much better after I took a tour. Good luck in your journey, Virginia
Linda S.
on 8/1/06 6:38 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Good luck to you Virginia. Please keep in touch, and if you need an ear, I am a phone call away. I guess today is your big day, I hope to hear from you soon. The best, Linda
jinn
on 7/30/06 12:44 pm - Mesa, AZ
Hi Linda, I had surgery at PHX ST. Lukes this past May and I have no complaints. I had a very nice and comfortable stay there. The staff was polite, the hospital was clean and I didn't notice if the staff was over worked, they were there everytime I needed them. It is not located in the best neighborhood but being inside the hospital - I couldn't even tell.... Let me know if you have any questions I could maybe help answer. I think every hospital probably has a few bad reviews from people but my review is I wouldn't hesitate to go back if needed Hope this helps Jinn
Linda S.
on 7/30/06 6:16 pm - PHOENIX, AZ
Thank you so much for your response.I hope you are doing well, and I honestly do realize statistically, only displeased people complain, and the happy ones are quiet, mostly. I am fortunate to have co-workers who have had the operation and they too were very pleased with St Lukes. I must say that even the people who were disgruntled still stated the surgeons were excellent. I would like to keep in touch with you Jinn... Things are moving really fast right now, smile. I am excited and nervous, yet happy, ya know??? I am so grateful to have this forum to read, and to share. I am also grateful for this chance at a new life. God Bless...
jinn
on 8/1/06 1:54 am - Mesa, AZ
Hi Linda, I would love to keep in touch! I know how much I appreciated having friends from this website before my surgery to help calm my nerves and answer my questions....and after surgery for support as well! I am doing well - I am about 2 months and 1 week out and down 53lbs. I am so frustrated because I have nothing in my closet that fits! LOL but that is ok - I'll take that frustration over everything just barely fitting! Do you have a date yet?
Linda S.
on 8/1/06 6:35 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Smile, then it is a deal, we will keep in touch.I should have the date on the 8th when I meet with Dr. Fang. I just came back from part one of my psych exam, it consisted of almost 600 hundred questions, some of which were the same questions put a different way. I want to thank you and once again all the peoople who wrote me privately concerning my question regarding St. Lukes, it truly helped to put my mind at ease, without making me feel silly for my concerns. Obviously, I have chosen wisely.I am happy to have a place to share, and also grateful not be weighted down with the burdon of always having to be right. What a great situation to be in with your closet! I am anxious to see how that feels, to worry about something being loose as opposed to tight! You sound so happy. Take care...
Sarah C.
on 7/30/06 2:43 pm - Mesa, AZ
Hey Linda, I also just ahd my surgery at St. Lukes 2 weeks ago, and was very pleased! The hospital was just as clean as any other that I have ever been in, the staff was very nice and attentive. I had no problems with getting sick nor did anyone that came and visited me. They are actually a Center of Excellence, which some insurances are requiring patients to go to. The staff has to take classes on being sensitive to the needs of obese people, the have larger beds, chairs, doorways all to support the needs of obese people! I had a GREAT experience, and my mother is also now considering getting her surgery done there. My DR. was Dr. Fang, great man, and surgeon!! If you have any other questions or concerns feel free to e-mail me anytime!! Hope this helps, and good luck. Sarah, [email protected]
Linda S.
on 7/30/06 6:20 pm - PHOENIX, AZ
Thanks Sarah, that is what I am happy to hear. How are you feeling? I already like Dr. Fang. Being an ex New Yorker, I check out everything! *laugh* My insurance advisor did say I made a great selection in choosing St. Lukes and I am comforted by the responses. God Bless
Linda S.
on 7/30/06 7:15 pm - PHOENIX, AZ
I appreciate all the feedback. I think everyone I have heard from is very special. Take care
Most Active