Just Beginning-Where do I start

pwrightt
on 7/29/06 9:55 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Just beginning my adventure. Finally made up my mind gastric bypass surgery was for me. I went to my Seminar for Scottsdale Bariatric but now as I read the board I see they are much more expensive however my insurance should cover this. I have Humana Choice + ppo. I'm not even sure if I need a referral for my insurance. However it looks like Scottsdale Bariatric will only take you with a primay referral. Is this true? I live too far to go downtown so I am looking for someone in North Phoenix or Scottsdale. I also just heard about Arizona Bariatric on Periminter Should I go to a primary first and get a recommendation? Please help. I'm feeling overwhelmed. (just heard from Tooter) Thank you for calling. I'm feeling so much better
(deactivated member)
on 7/29/06 10:26 am - Yakima, WA
It was really nice talking to you! And welcome to OH! (((HUGS))) ~Tooter
Nicole W.
on 7/29/06 1:42 pm - Cave Creek, AZ
Hi Pam, I am going with Scottsdale Bariatric, because I am more comfortable with a hospital and services that are closer to my home, plus I have been a patient at Scottsdale Hospital, so I know I am in good hands. So far, I have had to pay out of pocket for the pysch eval and then will have to pay additional money once my surgery is set for the support groups, exercise and dietician support... which I think is completely worth it. When I spoke with the financial coordinator at the office, I really wasnt going to have any extra out of pocket costs, but that also depends what might be out of network with my insurance company. But you need to go with your "gut" (sorry for the pun) and decide which services at each of the bariatric places are best for you. I for one went with my first one... and I am extremely pleased. They impressed me after the seminar and decided I was sticking with Scottsdale! Good Luck with your decision. Nicole
ConnieS
on 7/30/06 6:48 am - Northern, AZ
First step is to contact your insurance company and find out what they require...they will almost certainly have a prior authorization procedure/policy/criteria, and you will need to meet those requirements. Reputable surgeons always require a referral/release letter from your regular doctors.
Most Active