Dr. Vallares

tammeesue
on 7/29/06 9:53 am - Mesa, AZ
He came recommended. Any feedback on this doctor is appreciated.
VeeKay
on 7/30/06 1:35 am - Prescott Valley, AZ
He was my surgeon. I had surgery on April 3rd, down 97 pounds, and haven't had any complications what so every. Surgery went fine, recovery was fine, doctor was fabulous. Vee
ConnieS
on 7/30/06 6:51 am - Northern, AZ
If I decide to proceed with surgery, Dr. Villares is almost certainly who I will chose. Attend one of his free seminars at Good Samaritan Bariatric Center and see what you think. He is young but very well trained, did his residency at Mayo Clinic in Rochester and a fellowship in bariatric surgery at Cleveland Clinic in Florida. The Good Sam Bariatric Center is one of only two Bariatric Centers for Excellence in Arizona if memory serves me correctly; the other being Scottsdale Bariatric.
JRinAZ
on 7/30/06 12:14 pm - Layton, UT
Bridges St Lukes is also a Center of Excellence. My experience with Dr. Villares is not as a patient. Unfortuantely I met him upon impending death of my good friend who he had just performed WLS on. This friend was in relatively good health prior to his surgery. His wife also had the surgery from Villares and did fine. It is defnitely a major surgery and all things should be c onsidered. I think all docs in AZ have lost at least one patient. .........All you can do is research and go with the person you feel good about in your gut!!!! Good luck, Joyce
mombear
on 7/31/06 12:26 am - Green Valley(5/24/05 Lap RnY), AZ
I a bsolutely adore Dr. Villares. He was my surgeon. I did a lot of research on potential docs - I am TriCare Prime and so needed to find a doc who accepts that insurance. What sold me on him? His response to my question - who would you want to do your mom's surgery? He immediately said "Me!". I am 56 - was 55 on date of surgery. Absolutely no complications, wonderfully easy recovery and I feel amazing. Best thoughts - Mom Bear
JULESAZ
on 7/31/06 5:28 am - CHANDLER, AZ
I attended one of Dr Vallares seminars- and had a one on one with him. Personally, I liked Dr. Vallares but found his staff to be hard to deal with. They did not help me with any insurance paperwork, and gave me a hard time about scheduling my surgery after I had my approval. I found another Dr. who I feel very comfortable with, and his staff are wonderful to work with!
ConnieS
on 7/31/06 7:26 am - Northern, AZ
Hmmm...interesting. I've been very impressed with the staff so far, especially with insurance issues. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.
BIG F.
on 7/31/06 9:41 am - chandler, AZ
My wife had DR Villares and she also had a very difficult time with getting insurance info, questions answered and phone calls returned from his staff. She decided to go with another doctor. Keep doing your research this is a very important decision your about to make. Lamont
Most Active