Newbie from East Mesa

tammeesue
on 7/29/06 9:52 am - Mesa, AZ
Hello fellow WLS people! My name is Tammy and I live in East Mesa. I have been struggling with weight issues since my early 20's. I am now 37, 5'4" and 260 pounds. Like most of you, I have been batting the pros and cons of having surgery. I have come to the conclusion that this IS the only way I will be able to lose the weight. Any feedback is appreciated. Thank you....any advise is welcomed.
tammeesue
on 7/29/06 10:08 am - Mesa, AZ
Forgot to mention I am going to be having Lap RNY. I am not interested in Lap Band.
K B (Tucson)
on 7/29/06 10:09 am - Tucson, AZ
There are many different types of wls. You need to chose the type you want (with docs help). Have you done this?
(deactivated member)
on 7/29/06 12:18 pm - Gilbert, AZ
Go to the seminar at Scottsdale Bariatric. Dr Blackstone hosts one of the best seminars I have been to. It is a very informative seminar and no pressure or obligations. Also I would not look past Scottsdale Bariatric because of them having all women. Dr Blackstone's record speaks for itself and she runs a very tight ship. She had me in and out of surgery in one hour.
tammeesue
on 7/30/06 1:21 am - Mesa, AZ
The fact that they are all women is a plus to me. I think I would be more comfortable with a woman doctor. (nothing against the men drs).
alligatorpgr
on 7/31/06 3:45 pm - PHOENIX, AZ
Hello Tammy, I am also new to this site, and am looking into the lap RNY with Dr Blackstone. The next Seminar for Scottsdale Bariatrics is for 8/27 from 1:00 to 3:00 pm and I have signed up for that. I have heard nothing but great things about her and the rest of her staff, and the hospital where she works Scottsdale Shea. I am looking to find a "loser buddy", so if you are interested in chatting, just let me know. Best of luck to you no matter what
KJ
on 8/1/06 1:11 pm - Mesa, AZ
I am also in East Mesa and am scheduled to have the WLS on 8/22/06 with Dr. Blackstone. Once I attended the seminar at Scottsdale Bariatric I knew that the surgery was what I needed to do to help me lose the weight and keep it off. I am 32 and around 288. I'm really excited and a little nervous but am anxiously awaiting the surgery. It will be here in about 3 weeks and I still have some weight to lose before it gets here. I have all of my tests completed and I just have to go to my preop classes and have my preop appointment with the surgeon next week. Email me if you'd like to chat. Good luck with whatever you do.
Most Active