Which way is up???

Linda S.
on 7/27/06 5:26 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Ok guys, I have my pre-determination from United Health, will have consult with Dr. Fang at St Lukes on 8/8.I have had my ABC classes. I am having my head exam on Tuesday coming...smile. Here is my question....do I schedule my own cardiology testing and pulmonary, or do they use hospital doctors? I am on health choice so I can pick doctors, but do not want to have duplicate tests. I had an EKG at the end of June and things were good. I am over 50 though (55), don't feel it, so I do have additional tests. Thanks!
Darlene X
on 7/27/06 6:24 am - Maricopa, AZ
Yup, you schedule your own Cardiac & Pulmonology clearances.... however, I did a pulmonologist clearance--- and later recieved a letter saying I didnt need one.... I was trying to get ahead of the game... and wasted my time--- so make SURE you need it first. The Bridges Center doesn't require you use specific people like some other programmes. When Hubby did his, he asked Dr Fangs office who they suggested though--- and used their suggested doctors, however the cardiologist they reccomended was HORRIBLE and delayed him for 2 months over nothing. The Pulmonologist had a long wait and wasn't that great either. So... when it came to my turn, I just got a list of Cardiologists & Pulmonologists from the UHC website, and called around making appointments for a surgical clearance-- and went with who ever could take me soonest. They were both great experiences, and had my surgical clearances to the Bridges Center very promptly. I do reccomend Dr Maxwell as your "head doctor" though--- if that isn't who your already scheduled with. Good Luck Darlene
Linda S.
on 7/27/06 12:10 pm - PHOENIX, AZ
Thanks guys! I am required and have scheduled the cardiology and pulmonary exams. Am over 50 and asthmatic. Got one for 8/14 and the other for 9/5, guess that is not tooo bad.
BIG F.
on 7/27/06 11:29 am - chandler, AZ
Hi Linda, UHC required me to have a PHYSIC EVAL, the other test were required by my doctor. Good Luck Lamont
Linda S.
on 7/27/06 12:15 pm - PHOENIX, AZ
Thanks Lamont, I am pre-determined from UHC. I think Wells Fargo AND St Lukes requires the head exam...smile. At least it is free! They only cover 80 prcent of operation though, but my out of pocket has a stop gap at 2000.00...whew. You guys are so sweet thanks so much.
BIG F.
on 7/27/06 2:26 pm - chandler, AZ
Well I thought it was UHC that had me do the Physic Exam. Maybe it was Wells Fargo (hint hint). Lamont
Linda S.
on 7/28/06 5:58 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Laugh! Chandler WF, I hear you guys have it *plush* out that way! Well,I have scheduled everything and meet with Dr. Fang on 8/8. I am so excited and a bit scared of course. God has blessed me in so many ways, and I am grateful I don't have *more* morbid situations. Jill Stagg is handling my pre-determination. I have battled my weight so many years, and I am so looking forward to this WLS tool to help me with my permanant life change. I had the dubious honor of being one of the "original" Weigh****ch members at the tender age of 12. It started in Jean Nitschs' basement in NYC...! My mom took me after years before taking me to the doctor because I was "under weight", the quack told her to give me beer to increase my appetite, imagine that! It is good things have evolved, my family actually thought plump was good! A few times in my life, I managed to get to goal weight, but could never maintain it. Now I am larger than I have ever been. I have looked at WLS for a few years now, and watched a few co-workers go through it. I have seen enough to know that it works only if you work it. Also enough to know that if you want to self-distruct, this surgery won't help you. So, me being me, I gave myself time to make *sure* I was ready. I have already cut out caffiene, and smoking, also soda, and most sugar. I am reading labels for sugar content and have purchased a few protein bars to get the "feel" of it all. I am so grateful for this site, the people here are a priceless source of support. -Blessed be.
Darlene X
on 7/27/06 9:44 pm - Maricopa, AZ
Sounds like we have the same insurance pretty much.... Ours ended up at $1400 out of pocket.
Linda S.
on 7/28/06 6:00 am - PHOENIX, AZ
How interesting, 1400.00 each? Thanks for your feed back...smile.
LeAnne G.
on 7/27/06 2:34 pm - Goodyear, AZ
I asked my primary care doctor who she would recommend and went to see them. They were much closer to my home LeAnne
Most Active