declined

Nicole W.
on 7/27/06 3:00 am - Cave Creek, AZ
Scottsdale Bariatric just called, BCBS denied me... so now I gotta get documentation of 6 months doctor supervised weight loss. fun.... now, I am really bummed!
sallyann
on 7/27/06 3:07 am - page, AZ
hang in there The same thing happened to me. Just get started doing what the insurance requires. The Insurance Co runs the show these days! It will happen Sally
Linda S.
on 7/27/06 5:32 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Hi, hang in there. My daughter has been declined and is going through the 6 months documentation. Do not be discouraged. I on the other hand have high blood pressure and was a shoo in! It sucks that they sometimes want you to wait to be sicker. I had the tests for sleep apnea, and they said I don't have that, but I do have a sleep disorder...hmm...what ever that means. I know I now have a sleeping pill and it helps some. I am also asthmatic. I pray that my daughter does not have to get ill to get WLS. I will remember you in my prayers.
Melissa P
on 7/27/06 6:40 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hi Nicole, I am sorry to hear that. I was required to do a three month diet with my insurance company. When I did that, I was approved. Just hang in there and start the diet program. I did mine through Scottsdale Bariatric with Dr. Emershad. She was great. Melissa
BIG F.
on 7/27/06 9:02 am - chandler, AZ
Sorry to hear about your denial, but don't give up the fight. Your time will come. Lamont
Tiffany McGee
on 7/27/06 10:21 am - Glendale, AZ
Nicole, Just hang in there. The 6 months will come and go real quick! Just be patient (This coming from me the "Queen of Impatience"). Take Care and BIG *HUGS*! Tiff
cupcake4fun
on 7/27/06 3:01 pm - Apache Junction, AZ
I am so sorry to hear that you have to wait, but trust me it will all be worth it when it happens! Notice I didn't say if. It will happen I am sure. I'll be praying that you get thru this next phase with little frustration and a great big APPROVAL when all is done! Keep your chin up!
victorious711
on 7/28/06 11:25 am - flagstaff, AZ
so sorry to hear about your denial. dont give up!!!! Do MORE than what they require. BCBS is famous for changing their requirements midstream. I was denied multiple times but finally approved. The last time after I had finished my most recent '6 month medically supervised plan' , when I had started the rule was I had to see the doc once a month, I went twice a month just to be sure...by the time my 6 months was up thery were saying it was going to be changed to once a week. Be steadfast. BC/BS WILL approve this surgery, I am proof. I have no other co-morbidities but sleep apnea, but a BMI of 56. Stay strong and determined,. Dont give up!!!!!! Took me almost 5 years. My surgery is in 6 days
Nicole W.
on 7/29/06 5:50 am - Cave Creek, AZ
thanks everyone! I go to my doctor on Tuesday to get started with the 6 months of documentation, or to see what she has already. I am still a bit bummed out but, what can you do. I just had my mental timeline ready and had been preparing myself and my life around having surgery soon... but everything happens for a reason. So, we will see what happens next!
Linda S.
on 8/9/06 2:22 pm - PHOENIX, AZ
You sound like a fighter! That is so good, keep pushing.
Most Active