Approved

Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 7/27/06 4:45 am - Tucson, AZ
I called PacifiCare yesterday and was told that I had been approved for the RNY. I have been trying to get hold of Colene at Dr. Juarez' office to verify and see what happens next. What is the normal procedure for this??
Darlene X
on 7/27/06 5:12 am - Maricopa, AZ
You have to wait for the office to get the approval from the insurance company--- normally mailed, could take 1-2 weeks. Sometimes Colene can call and get the Auth# over the phone though--- thats what they did with me, so they didnt have to wait for my approval letter to get there. Then Colene will submit your file to Diana/Diane- the scheduler... it's a new girl at his office, she didn't do mine, I had Pat. Normally you have to wait for her to call you and schedule your pre-op testing and your date... though I haven't heard good things about her, so you may have to start calling her daily to get a date scheduled LOL. Don't get too frustrated..... Once you have your date then the rest is counting down!
Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 7/27/06 8:08 am - Tucson, AZ
Thanks Darlene. Colene called me this afternoon and verified that I am approved. She said I would have Diana as my contact now and that Diana would send me a package in the mail with my pre-op testing and surgery date. It should take two weeks and to call her if I don't receive the package in two weeks. By the way, I wanted to tell you how great you look. I checked out your page.
Sarah C.
on 7/27/06 2:41 pm - Mesa, AZ
Just a little advice about Diana, you may want to stay on top of her! If you don't get your packet in 2 weeks you may need to call daily and ask her about it! It took her 23 days AFTER I had my approval to set up a date. It was very frustrating, but so worth the hassle!! Good luck to you Sarah
Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 7/27/06 11:22 pm - Tucson, AZ
Thanks Sarah. I have read about the situation with Diana and even Colene told me to call if I didn't get my package in two weeks. Don't worry; I will be persistent. Thanks for all the support.
Tiffany McGee
on 7/27/06 10:19 am - Glendale, AZ
C O N G R A T S Take Care! Tiff
Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 7/27/06 11:24 pm - Tucson, AZ
Thanks Tiff. I am so excited and can hardly wait. I'm sure that I will have some fear as time gets closer but I just keep reading the posts here and it keeps me confident and motivated.
vquigley
on 7/29/06 3:29 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hi, Rebecca, Congratulations! You've made it through the biggest hurdle--getting approved. Soon you will be on the losing side. Virginia
Most Active