What to eat?

thoughtpenumbra
on 7/24/06 1:28 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Im still in the "eating mush" phase of my surgery.. And Im in a total rut. Anyone got any great mushy recipes for me to try? I'm so sick of oatmeal, mashed tatos and soup I could just kick something!
(deactivated member)
on 7/24/06 2:07 pm - Gilbert, AZ
I liked garlic mashed potatoes. I also liked cooked white rice, then put it in a bowl with a little milk, cinnamon, and raisins and that was heaven. How about those twice baked cheesy potatoes ? Love em. I wish I was still on that diet because it seems like hell when you are on it unitl you are on liquids for a week or so.
thoughtpenumbra
on 7/25/06 3:05 am - Phoenix, AZ
you have to be on liquids? Thats hard!
lemarie22
on 7/24/06 2:58 pm - Glendale, AZ
Amber, I'm not sure how far out you are from your surgery so this may or may not be appropriate for you. I cooked this the other day and realized that it was a pretty easy wls meal. I threw boneless, skinless chicken breasts and thighs in a crockpot along with chopped onions, new potatoes, carrots and mushrooms. I spiced it with garlic powder, Greek Seasoning and pepper and covered the whole thing with a can of low fat/low cal cream of mushroom soup and a can of low fat/ low cal cream of chicken soup. Stirred it up and let it go for 8 hours. It was really moist and the chicken was easy to mush into tiny chewable mushy pieces. Chicken is normally a little rough for me, but this was really easy on the pouch. It was low cal and low fat also. Connie
Most Active