Please, please, please approve me...

Nicole W.
on 7/24/06 12:09 pm - Cave Creek, AZ
My begging to Empire BCBS! Yeah... I know, I'm a geek! I thought Scottsdale Bariatric sent my 1st letter last week, but they didn't get my fax last week, so I resent it today and Freda said she was sending my stuff off right then. So, now its the waiting game... Let the battle begin (I hope it's not a battle) and it will be pretty easy. But everything seems to be going too smoothly with all of this, so I am sure the roadblocks with appear soon.
mmswarowski
on 7/24/06 10:19 pm - Tucson, AZ
Nicole.....isn't it just the most nerve wracking thng? I had to wait 2 full weeks for my approval....the longest 2 weeks of my life...let me tell you! All in all though it was pretty easy. I didn't have to deal with them at all....my surgeons office did everything. Good luck it will be here before you know it! Maryellen
Ginger
on 7/25/06 12:46 am - Chandler, AZ
Hi Nicole, I know what you mean about the "waiting game". I too have Empire BCBS and I had quite the time with them. One of my "nurse" case-workers told me to ask my doctor to prescribe me diet pills to loose the weight. Can you believe that? There really was no reason to deny my surgery. I fit the BMI profile and had tons of co-morbs to boot. They just tried to stall and stall till a person gets so frustrated and just quits. Nicole, don't let them win. They want you to quietly walk away. Good luck in your time as being "a lady in waiting" I loved referring to myself as that..didn't love the waiting it'self...just the term (haha) My your waiting be short and your roadblocks be few! Hugs,Ginger
Most Active