Chandler Support TOMORROW

Darlene X
on 7/24/06 8:17 am - Maricopa, AZ
I haven't seen Joyce post--- she's probably all drugged up LOL. So Im gonna jump in: ---------------------------------------------------------------------- The Chandler WLS Support group is for all who have had any type of Weight Loss Surgery regardless of their surgeon or hospital/program affiliation and for all who are seeking information about a Weight Loss Surgery. We invite all to join us; especially those living in the Chandler vicinity. The meetings will be held at the Chandler Regional Medical Center (Frye and Dobson) in the MAIN Hospital on the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of every month. Enter through the main doors on the East side of the hospital. Go straight and take the 1st set of elevator's on the right down to the Lower Level. Follow the sign to the large conference rooms. The meetings will begin at 6:00 pm. They will be a place for questions, answers, opinions, ideas, encouragement for Pre- and Post- surgery patients and their support person, as well as a place for a whole lot of FUN!!! Upcoming Volunteer PEER FACILITATOR'S: July 25th - Gil M. August 8th - Pam S. August 22nd - Katie K. September 12th - Darlene and E.J. September 26th - Julie P. October 10th - Christina G. October 24th - Joyce November 14th - Ginger P. You can join the support site by clicking on this link. Joining Yahoo groups is FREE. [email protected] See y'all tomorrow night!!!! 6-7:30........followed by dinner together (optional but educational and FUN!) Gil is leading with a wonderful presentation on reading food labels Dinner afterwards will be at "Some Burro's" by the Chandler Mall, a menu can be found here: http://www.someburros.com/
sallyann
on 7/25/06 12:22 am - page, AZ
Hi Darlene. I have read many of your posts throughout the past 8-9 months. I remember you saing you thought you had a stricture. Im 6 weeks post op and can only eat yogarts,mashed potatos, protein drinks, very soft stuff. I tried chicken, tuna, cottage cheese and a plum. they all came back up. I get horrible pain in my upper left chest area. Did you finally get past this and are you able to eat a more normal diet now? If you could help I would sure appreciate it. Sally
Darlene X
on 7/25/06 1:43 am - Maricopa, AZ
Sally, I didn't have a stricture.... Hubby did. Have you made an appointment to see the surgeon? Hubby's went 6 months until he was so dehydrated and sick, he ended up being admitted and had an endoscopy to dialite his stoma... everything has been fine since. If it's a stricture it's not going away on it's own, so you need to go in and have them check! Once dialted though, and the stricture fixed things should be much smoother sailing. Darlene
Most Active