US COST / MEX COST?? HELP??

Candi Y.
on 7/22/06 3:49 am - Cottonwood, AZ
I would much rather have the surgery done here in az, my home state, but i have no insurance is there that much of a difference between the two cost! Everyone has been so helpfull!
K B (Tucson)
on 7/22/06 9:11 am - Tucson, AZ
The cost depends on which wls you want. I paid $8200 for lapband surgery in Mexicali (1 hr west of Yuma) with Alberto Aceves. His charge for gastric bypass was approx. $13,000 if I remember correctly.
LuvinMe Again
on 7/22/06 5:22 pm
Candi, I was all set to go to Mexico to have DS for about $12,000. (I'm self-pay.) Then I met a Dr. here in Tucson who offered the RNY package (start to finish and all follow-ups forever) for $18,000. Well, the extra $6,000 was worth it to me and my dh and all my family was so relieved that I could have my surgery here in AZ. I also have the benefit of follow-up care whenever I need it, not to mention support groups, etc. I had a great experience and am so glad I chose to have the surgery here. If you're interested, my dr. is Monte Schwartz and his website is foothillssurgery.com. Good luck! JAMI
tweet-tweet
on 7/23/06 2:32 am - Phoenix, AZ
DS on 03/17/14
The lapband at Good Sam is $10,000. Not much more than Mexico... especially if you factor in travel, etc.
Most Active