I Need a "Support Group Home" -- Help

thoughtpenumbra
on 7/21/06 2:59 pm - Phoenix, AZ
I didn't come on these boards enough initially and now that I'm post op I'm all full of questions. I can't seem to find a list of support groups in my area. I'm looking for one in or near tempe. Anyone know a fun friendly group of wonderful people willing to adopt a newly stabbed open and stitched up Amber? One of my best friends got wls and is about 1 1/2 years out. I thought I wouldn't need other support since I have her. I'm realizing now that I'm quite wrong.
Tiffany McGee
on 7/21/06 11:31 pm - Glendale, AZ
Amber, There is a support group in Chandler that Joyce has all the information on and there is a support group in the West Valley that I can tell you about. And we would both love to have you join us. The West Valley support group meets on the 2nd and 4th Saturday of every month from 10am to 1130am. We meet at Banner Estrella Hospital located on the SW corner of 91st Avenue and Thomas Road. Generally we post on OH and in our own Yahoo groups a reminder of when the next meeting is. August's schedule got a little mixed up (courtesy of me), so our next meeting is August 5th at 10am. We do a general introduction of everyone, then we just chitchat about how things are going for us. We offer support to those who need it and listen to those who need an ear. And if you need a hug, just ask. If you would like to join us, feel free. We are always willing to adopt a new face into our crowd. Our Yahoo Groups is WLS Phoenix. Hope to see you soon. Tiff
Arizona_Sun
on 7/22/06 3:16 am - Gilbert, AZ
The Chandler groups meets the 2nd and 4th Tuesday each month at Chandler Regional Hospital. Take 101 south to Chandler Blvd exit, turn east to Dobson, south to Frye and it is on the southeast corner. We meet in the basement conference rooms (1 & 2) that you access via the main entry on the east side of the hospital and take elevators down. We meet from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. and then go to a nearby restaurant to continue our fun visiting together. This is a fun, active, dynamic group with lots of participation and peer facilitating. We are worth the drive!! Sandy
Darlene X
on 7/22/06 9:26 am - Maricopa, AZ
I LOOOVVEEEEE The Chandler Support group, they are my second family and the most amazing people you will ever meet. I don't know what I would do without them... my favorite group hands down hehehe.... Sorry Mamma Ti, your just too far away for us for me to find out if I love you more! LOL Come join us this Tuesday!!! Darlene -103lbs!!!
thoughtpenumbra
on 7/22/06 11:26 am - Phoenix, AZ
Awesome! I look forward to meeting you there. Thank you!
Tiffany McGee
on 7/22/06 1:27 pm - Glendale, AZ
No biggie Darlene. One of these days I'm going to make it out to a Chandler Group meeting. I just need the courage to drive in rush hour traffic! Congrats on your loss! You need to give us some pictures so we can see all your changes! Take Care! Tiff
tweet-tweet
on 7/24/06 2:09 am - Phoenix, AZ
DS on 03/17/14
There are also some support groups at Good Sam.
Most Active